It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Unable to install RTC Client 5.0.2 with error install-windows-shell-client.xml missing though it exists in local system

Poonguzhali Sekar (1112) | asked Jul 24 '17, 9:35 a.m.
I have been trying to set up local workspace for our application.
I got the RAD installed successfully but trying to install the RTC Client 5.0.2 throws error for a missing xml file.
But the xml does exist in the path specified.

Kindly note I have a higher version on RTC Client installed for another application on Eclipse neon and the issue occurs only for this version 5.0.2
Please refer the attached screenshots

Comments
Donald Nong commented Jul 25 '17, 10:41 p.m.

No screenshots are attached. What version of RAD are you using? Did you try to install RTC using the p2 installation method?

One answer

permanent link
Keith Woodard (111) | answered Jun 05 '18, 12:36 p.m.

I am experiencing this same technical issue. Yes, I have read all of the recommendations from IBM about Windows file size limitations and using different file extractors. None of which work. I have uninstalled IBM Installation Manager and are having problems connecting to Jazz.net through my office location as well.  Here is my current error message:

The com.ibm.team.install.rtc.client.eclipse.ies44 package specified in the C:\Temp\RTCRC1\im\win32.win32.x86_64\install-eclipse44-client.xml file cannot be found.

The file in question is: install-eclipse44-client.xml does instead reside on my hard-drive and at he location specified. I can open it and view its contents.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.