It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Drop and recrate DCC Database

Leesen Padayachee (9955119) | asked Apr 12 '17, 3:52 a.m.
edited Apr 12 '17, 3:53 a.m.

Hi

We are using CLM 6.0 with an enterprise topology. We have 7 servers. One of our servers has the jrs and dcc applications. We recently had a DB crash which was resolved, but since then the RS application seems to crash every few days. This is resolved by starting and stopping the WAS server. We have an open PMR, but they have not given us any concrete solution yet.

My question is: What is the implication of dropping the whole dcc database and recreate it from scratch with no data? Is the dcc database different from the other databases? Will the data just regenerate itself if we re-run all datawarehouse jobs from a brand new database? Also,what will be the effect on currently saved reports in Report Builder? Will a drop and recreate of the dcc database corrupt these saved reports?

We need a solution for this asap as the users cannot report using report builder everytime it crashes.

Thanks,
Leesen

Accepted answer

permanent link
Matthew Clark (10711244) | answered Apr 13 '17, 3:19 p.m.

Hello, should be no problems with deleting and creating a new DCC database. Just make sure the database is named the same or you will have to edit your teamserver.properties file for DCC.

We recently upgraded from 6.0.1 to 6.0.3 and had issues running the repotool -addtables for DCC. IBM support suggested we delete the database, create a new one from scratch, and instead of running the upgrade script, we ran the create tables script via JTS setup.

The only things stored in the DCC database are configuration settings. So if you had schedules set to run your DCC jobs at certain time, you will need to set up those schedules again. Additionally, while it won't neccessarily corrupt your RS reports, we had to edit them and run the queries again in order for them to work correctly. Not a big deal as we only had about 20 JRS reports.

Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
A S commented Sep 26 '20, 10:53 a.m.

This seems like easy work.  Unfortunately, we have several hundred reports created over the span of 3 years.  Editing each one of them will be crazy work. 

Ralph Schoon commented Sep 27 '20, 8:25 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
One woners why anyone would comment on a 3 year old question.

I'd suggest to create a test system from your environment and to try it out. I wonder why the reports would have to be changed. That should not be the case as far as I can tell. I would suggest to back up the reports however.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.