It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Configuring LDAP - Settings for multi branch

Jason Wilson (311326) | asked Jul 19 '17, 7:41 a.m.

Hi all,

Due to our AD guy being out of the office I am trying to solve the LDAP connection for CLM.

So changes where made to our AD to separate Employees, Contractors, External partners.

Currently I am having problems in configuring the CLM to be able to read from both branches of the AD. The structure we have is something like:

DC=Company Domain

Data Centres
Global
External
Regions
AMER
INTL
So what I need to do is supply the LDAP settings in order to get the user details from 'External' and all those which we currently pull from 'Regions'.

Any assistance would be appreciated

One answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k614) | answered Jul 19 '17, 10:07 p.m.

You need to set the search base at the DC level, as this is the common DN for both branches. As you will pull in way more users than necessary, you will need to find some clever ways to construct the search filter. For example, is there any LDAP attribute that indicates the LDAP user is a CLM user? If so, use it.

Comments
Jason Wilson commented Jul 20 '17, 3:09 a.m.

Hi Donald,

Thanks for the answer..

The only attribute is the repository group that each CLM user will have, So could that be used as part of the search filter?

Cheers,

Jason.

Donald Nong commented Jul 20 '17, 10:45 p.m.

Yes you can use that.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.