using money that matters sample without an external user registry
I have deployed my CLM instance but did not connect to an external registry. I also opted to create the Money that matters sample. I am using CLM 4.0 and WAS 8.0.0.2
The problem is, I see the sample users in the user registry in the JTS admin, but I cannot log in as any of those users. I can click them and view their user profiles, but I cannot log in as any of them.
Shouldn't the users be created in the registry as part of sample installation?
What is the default user registry used when no external registry is configured? How do I check it to see if the sample users are there? How do I troubleshoot this step?
The problem is, I see the sample users in the user registry in the JTS admin, but I cannot log in as any of those users. I can click them and view their user profiles, but I cannot log in as any of them.
Shouldn't the users be created in the registry as part of sample installation?
What is the default user registry used when no external registry is configured? How do I check it to see if the sample users are there? How do I troubleshoot this step?
3 answers
Default users are created with the MtM sample project. If you look at your users, you should list usernames like bob, marco, etc. Their passwords are their usernames, for example, marco/marco.
Keep in mind, you do need to assign lic. to each user. You can find details here or directly look user to lic. mapping.
Keep in mind, you do need to assign lic. to each user. You can find details here or directly look user to lic. mapping.
Comments
I am guessing you are using WAS Federated Repositories as your user registry. This means you must create each user in WAS before you can log in as that user. Since the user registry is non-LDAP, it also means that the JTS cannot perform synchronization with the user registry and any users created in the JTS must be manually created in WAS.
See https://jazz.net/library/article/97 for tips on creating the groups and users in WAS.
See https://jazz.net/library/article/97 for tips on creating the groups and users in WAS.