It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

using money that matters sample without an external user registry

Natasha D'Silva (111) | asked Nov 14 '12, 10:14 a.m.
edited Nov 14 '12, 5:43 p.m. by David Olsen (5237)
I have deployed my CLM instance but did not connect to an external registry. I also opted to create the Money that matters sample.  I am using CLM 4.0 and WAS 8.0.0.2
The problem is, I see the sample users in the user registry in the JTS admin, but I cannot log in as any of those users. I can click them and view their user profiles, but I cannot log in as any of them.
 Shouldn't the users be created in the registry as part of sample installation?
What is the default user registry used when no external registry is configured? How do I check it to see if the sample users are there? How do I troubleshoot this step?

3 answers

permanent link
Fariz Saracevic (919613) | answered Nov 14 '12, 10:26 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Default users are created with the MtM sample project. If you look at your users, you should list usernames like bob, marco, etc. Their passwords are their usernames, for example, marco/marco.

Keep in mind, you do need to assign lic. to each user. You can find details here or directly look user to lic. mapping.

Comments
Natasha D'Silva commented Nov 14 '12, 1:10 p.m.

HI Fariz,
I did assign licenses and I still can't log in. When I click on a user to view their profile, I see this banner:

Because this server is connected to an external user registry, some user details including User ID, E-Mail Address, and Repository Permissions are read-only. To modify these read-only details, you must make the changes in the external user registry.

But there is no external registry - so this message doesn't make any sense or really apply.
On the user profile pages they are not part of any of the JazzUsers or JazzAdmin groups, so that seems like the part of the problem but the check boxes beside each group to add a user to them is disabled. So, how do I add them to those groups?
Thanks.

David Murray commented Nov 14 '12, 3:32 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

This does not sound like a typical or expected situation. More information about the way your deployment is configured would be needed to say for sure what's going on. I would recommend working with IBM Support.

permanent link
Bo Chulindra (1.3k2718) | answered Dec 10 '12, 11:06 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I am guessing you are using WAS Federated Repositories as your user registry. This means you must create each user in WAS before you can log in as that user. Since the user registry is non-LDAP, it also means that the JTS cannot perform synchronization with the user registry and any users created in the JTS must be manually created in WAS.

See https://jazz.net/library/article/97 for tips on creating the groups and users in WAS.

permanent link
Dennis Johns (133) | answered Feb 11 '14, 2:56 p.m.
I'm working in a sandbox at jazz.net and am getting Natasha's 'external registry' message above when I try to add the sample project. Any ideas?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.