It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Checked values in checkbox multi-value not appearing

Michael Walker (99215201157) | asked Sep 18 '09, 3:00 p.m.
A couple questions on checkbox fields.

1) When I add a checkbox field on the right layout slot in the Custom layout, or the Description layout in the Overview layout, the checked values that I set for a new Work disappear after I save and re-enter the Work Item. It appears that the value is saved as it appears in a query. If I move the field to the left layout the checked values stay after saving the record.

The web client does not have this problem, only the Eclipse client. Is this a known problem?

2) Is there any documentation that explains how to query on these checkbox fields? When I include them in the query I get a literal returned and not the actual value.

3 answers

permanent link
Marcel Bihr, Jazz Work Item team (1.4k) | answered Sep 21 '09, 3:35 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi
I can not reproduce this behavior. Could you please file a defect against the work items component and attach your process specification (if it does not contain confidential information).
Please describe your scenario and the version (and OS) this happens.

Thanks

Marcel
Jazz Work Item team

permanent link
Michael Walker (99215201157) | answered Sep 21 '09, 12:07 p.m.
Hi
I can not reproduce this behavior. Could you please file a defect against the work items component and attach your process specification (if it does not contain confidential information).
Please describe your scenario and the version (and OS) this happens.

Thanks

Marcel
Jazz Work Item team

Thanks. How do you attach the process specification?

Also, do you know how to query on these checkbox fields?

permanent link
Marcel Bihr, Jazz Work Item team (1.4k) | answered Sep 22 '09, 2:24 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi
The easiest way is to go to the process configuration source tab in the project area editor and copy all the xml into a new file. Attach this file to the work item.

There is currently no support for querying these fields as it is a UI-level solution (you will have to query for the ids of the enumeration literals). We are looking at improving this for RTC 3.0.

Regards

Marcel
Jazz Work Item team

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.