It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Run a Precondition on a checkin?

Jack Hall (3655) | asked Aug 05 '10, 9:22 a.m.
Hello, I was wondering if anyone knows how to run a precondition when the users checks files in to a changeSet. I am looking to be check the files for attributes and automatically update said attributes if they need updating, but I don't want the user to have to deliver twice and apply a quickfix. I want this operation to be as transparent to the user as possible.

2 answers

permanent link
Evan Hughes (2.4k1318) | answered Aug 05 '10, 2:49 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
There aren't any hooks on checkin. We do this for two very good reasons:

1) We want the user to be able to backup their work into their remote workspace. If we prevent a checkin, that will cause data loss later if something happens to the user's workstation.

2) We determine the process to run on a delivery by looking at the process area the stream is owned by. At the time of a checkin, the user may not have a stream set as their flow target (or may be flowing to a stream that has different process than the stream you care about).

As you mention, you can hook delivery. The user won't have to create a new change set if it remains open.

Alternatively, you could see about writing a plugin for eclipse that would update your attributes on a save.

e

permanent link
Jack Hall (3655) | answered Aug 05 '10, 4:40 p.m.
We weren't planning on stopping a checkin. We just wanted to modify some data in the file on every checkin. Is this still only possible by hooking in to eclipse's save function?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.