It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Add subscribers automatically when a work item is submitted

Namit Pande (6311319) | asked Jun 27 '17, 9:09 a.m.

Hello, I would like to add few users automatically to the subscriber list when a work item is created. I was couple of places where it was referred to be done without the need of any programming. Here are the links:

But, the Subscribed By attribute has all fields greyed out except the Name field. Sorry unable to insert image. Any ideas. Thanks.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jun 27 '17, 10:15 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Namit Pande selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jun 27 '17, 10:22 a.m.

You would have to create a default value for a user list, add the users to the list and make it a default provider for the subscription attribute.

Note this subscribes the configured user list to all work items created for all types.

Namit Pande commented Jun 27 '17, 10:39 a.m.

I knew I was missing something. Thanks Ralph for straightening me out.

Namit Pande commented Jun 27 '17, 10:52 a.m.

Ralph, another related question. We actually need to email/notify bunch of folks when a work-item is created. It may be a bit of overkill to add those folks as subscribers to each WI. Is there a way to generate an email just on submission. I will be interested in knowing the programmatic route as well if it is the only way to achieve this. Thanks.

Ralph Schoon commented Jun 27 '17, 11:39 a.m.

See https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2016/07/15/rtc-process-customization-what-you-can-and-cannot-do/ search for subscribe after reading that, search for asynchronous task and follow up action / participant on that blog. I think you could use both approaches to create a more reasonable implementation with more effort. 

I don.t think you can send emails from a java or JavaScript based attribute customization, but if one has a solution that works in all clients, I'd like to know.

Ralph Schoon commented Jun 27 '17, 11:40 a.m.

another approach might be to listen to the team feeds and see the events instead of getting an email. 

Namit Pande commented Jun 27 '17, 1:39 p.m.

All good suggestions, thank you once again Ralph.

showing 5 of 6 show 1 more comments

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.