It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Automatically add subscribers

Jim Wade (111) | asked Jun 11 '09, 8:08 a.m.
Is there a way to add a group of users to a Work Item based on the type? For instance if an APAR is opened I want to automatically add 6 users in the support team to the subscriber list.

4 answers

permanent link
Patrick Streule (4.9k21) | answered Jun 12 '09, 3:39 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Is there a way to add a group of users to a Work Item based on the
type? For instance if an APAR is opened I want to automatically add
6 users in the support team to the subscriber list.

You could create a folder in your favorites and and the 6 support team
members. Then you can drag and drop the users from there onto the
Subscribers section in the Work Item Editor.

Alternatively, you can drag and drop a team area onto the Subscribers
section and all of its members will be added as subscribers.

--
Regards,
Patrick
Jazz Work Item Team

Comments
YOGESH LOKHANDE commented Nov 12 '14, 11:38 p.m.

Can you please explain this more

YOGESH LOKHANDE commented Nov 13 '14, 12:22 a.m.

I just change Onework item with subscriber = User_list, but it turn out all my story, defect, etc also having same setting? How do I make it customize per work item.

<o:p> </o:p>

permanent link
Srinivas Nannapaneni (6) | answered Dec 10 '14, 10:14 a.m.
Can you share with detailed step by step instructions with screen captures how to email defect to list of team members ?

permanent link
Dolores Vogel (1031337) | answered Dec 10 '14, 10:41 a.m.
We just tested this in 4.0.7. We can only do it in Eclipse. Once you create a folder of your subscribers under Favorites (OR, add your team under Favorites), you can drag the folder (or team) to the Quick Information area of an open work item, and you'll see an option to add the users as subscribers. We could not add them to the Subscribers area. We could only add them to the Quick Information area.

permanent link
Walter Welham (1112) | answered Jun 15 '15, 2:17 p.m.
edited Jun 15 '15, 2:18 p.m.
On the Process Configuration tab select 'Configuration Data' and then 'Work Items'. Next got to Attribute Customization and create a new Default Value for the list of users that you want to make Subscribers. Next select 'Types and Attributes' and scroll down to the Attributes list and find 'Subscribed By'. Click that and open to edit, set the default value to the Custom list you created.

Note: Because the Subscribed By is a system attribute, you wi lbe adding the list of subscribers to all the work items in the project area.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.