It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Assign role in all project areas simultaneously

vikrant kamble (1322996) | asked May 10 '17, 5:07 p.m.

Life-cycle project creates Project area in CCM, RM and QM application. As per the request from client we customized life-cycle project template along with customization in individual projects of each application. Roles suggested by client are Functional User, Functional Team Lead, Technical Team Lead, Developer. We have these roles for each application's process template i.e. CCM, RM and QM process templates have these roles. If life-cycle project is created using these templates, I want to add members to project, we can do this by adding members to life-cycle project and members are added to individual project areas from each application. Along with this I also want to assign roles to members i.e. For a particular user if I am assigning role of Functional Team Lead that user will have this role in individual project area of each application so that I don't need to add roles to members in individual project area of each application.

Is it possible to assign roles to members in each project area simultaneously?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered May 10 '17, 9:59 p.m.

The answer is no. The fact that you have the same name for a role across different applications does not mean that it is the same role.

vikrant kamble selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.