It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Where all in CLM we can use the glossary created in DNG other than the artifacts in DNG? Is there any way to reuse the glossary created in DNG to other CLM applications setup in same JTS server?

Srashti Dubey (113) | asked Oct 18 '19, 2:30 a.m.

I have created a glossary of few terms in DNG and I want to use them in other CLM applications on same server like RQM/RTC. Is it possible?

Or please help me letting know if there is any way to create the glossary at repository level so it would be common and can be used in all the applications existing in that repository?

My CLM environment is of version 6.0.6.1.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Oct 18 '19, 8:51 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Nov 27 '19, 9:25 a.m.

Currently, the DNG glossary only provides automation for DNG operations, but you can use the DNG glossary as your overall ELM (Engineering Lifecycle Management) glossary, by adding a mini-dashboard with the DNG glossary to your personal or team dashboard.

Srashti Dubey selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Srashti Dubey commented Nov 27 '19, 5:39 a.m.

Hi Geoffrey, Thank you so much for your answer.

A quick question again, can we not use the DNG Glossary terms in QM Projects in Global configuration context as well? For exa. if the RM and QM environment/project is having Global configuration management enabled and I want to use DNG glossary terms in QM test cases. Is this can be possible by any chance? 

Geoffrey Clemm commented Nov 27 '19, 11:26 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Yes, you can put your global glossary under version control, so you select the configuration of the glossary that matches your current global configuration context.   I am not aware of a way for that glossary to "inherit" the selected global configuration of the current web page, so you would have to explicitly set the configuration property of the widget holding the glossary to be the appropriate global configuration.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.