It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Source Code migration from Rocket Aldon to RTC

Javaria Hameed (403847) | asked Apr 17 '17, 6:46 a.m.

Hi Experts,

For my client, I need to identify ways to export source code from Aldon and import in to RTC. Can someone please helps me on this?

thanks.
Javaria

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Apr 19 '17, 3:18 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I think you have the following options

1. Import a specific baseline and start there. You can import and share a baseline in RTC, then delete the file content, and share a newer baseline and do this repeatedly to import multiple baselines with the loss of some relationships (e.g. renamed files). Keep the old system for some time until it is no longer needed
2. RTC allows to import Subversion with history. If you can export into subversion format, you can use the subversion import
3. Create API based automation that shares the data. https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2013/10/15/extracting-an-archive-into-jazz-scm-using-the-plain-java-client-libraries/ explains a process that is similar to as explained in 1 and shares baelines, but it could be more fine grained.

Note: I am not a great fan of importing all the history. As always there are tradeoffs.

Comments
Javaria Hameed commented Apr 19 '17, 5:22 a.m.

thanks Ralph for the help, I am trying these options to achieve my goals.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.