It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Removing Old JazzTeam Install Directory

John Trump (111) | asked Mar 28 '17, 12:28 p.m.

After migrating to a newer version of the JazzTeam server, can I remove the old installation directory or is it still used?

2 answers

permanent link
Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183200) | answered Mar 28 '17, 12:43 p.m.

My experience:

If you have DNG there seems to be a left-out file (i.e. not migrated to new application location) friendsconfig.rdf that is referenced in the server/conf/rm/teamserver.properties file. The friendsconfig.rdf is also in the server/conf/rm/ directory. Removing the old directory ( via IBM Installation Manager ) may loose that file and hurt DNG's friends.   I copied the file to the new install after upgrade was done.  I'm a few days a way from going from 6.0.2 to 6.0.3 so I will watch for that file  after the application upgrade scripts complete.

Otherwise there's usually no reason to keep the old directory.  Using IIM to un-install will save the configuration files but not remove the whole of the directory.

permanent link
Erica Tran (1.4k7) | answered Mar 28 '17, 6:17 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Kevin,

I concur that the "old" installation directory should no longer be used after an upgrade to a later version.  The friendsconfig.rdf file you mentioned is for RM 4.0.x and earlier versions.  Starting in RM 5.0 the teamserver.properties file is used and it no longer uses the friendsconfig.rdf. 

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Mar 29 '17, 5:48 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I agree. You want to make sure that stuff like index files are referenced with an absolute path as suggested in the setup guidance and want to place these in locations outside of the install folder as well. If this is done correctly, the old install folder will on longer be needed after the upgrade.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.