It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What is the difference between the process configuration that comes from a shared project area process and one that comes from a process template?

Gustavo Grillo (11) | asked Mar 23 '17, 3:31 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

What is the difference between the process configuration that comes from a shared project area process and one that comes from a process template. Is there something that I can configure in one that I cannot with the other?
For example:
I need to standardize all project areas in one repository. I can do this by creating a Master Project Area, configure its process and share the process with all other project areas or I can create a process template and use it to create all the project areas in the repository. What's the difference between doing one way or the other?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k614) | answered Mar 23 '17, 5:28 p.m.

If using a process template, once you create a project out of it, there is no longer any links between the project and the template.

If using a master project, as long as you don't override the configuration in the child projects, any configuration changes in the master project will be inherited by the child projects automatically.

Geoffrey Clemm selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Geoffrey Clemm commented Mar 23 '17, 10:42 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

And note that this is why you should never refer to your master or shared project area as your "process template" ... since the distinction between a master/shared project area and a process template is an important one.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.