It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

WI got two States at once

Sascha Gebhardt (1728) | asked Mar 06 '17, 7:05 a.m.

Hello,

I'm kinda confused by the problem I'm facing and hope I can get some help or ideas how to fix it.

I got a WI (Milestone) which is on the state "Rejected". The "Rejected"-State is listed in the State group "closed".
When I look into MYStuff or create a new Query the Milestones are listed as resolved as well as not resolved.

I checked the Worklfow and the configuration of the States but I cant find any issue that could be the reason for this. Other WI's using the same State "Rejected" and everything is working fine with them, the problem only occurs with the WI Type Milestone.

Thanks in advice for any kind of tips

Accepted answer

permanent link
Lily Wang (4.9k714) | answered Mar 06 '17, 7:55 p.m.

I think I could reproduce the problem. Using a project area created with Formal Project Management template, the "Rejected" state is associated to "Open" state group for "Milestone" work item type. After I changed the associated state group from "Open" to "Closed", I could reproduce your issue. 

Then I tried to remove the "Rejected" state and re-create a new "Rejected" state with the same setting, the problem seems resolved. 
I don't know what the cause is. If you need a root cause, I suggest you contact IBM Support.

Sascha Gebhardt selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Sascha Gebhardt commented Mar 07 '17, 2:51 a.m.

Thank you for your Answer.

I tried this one and it worked! Thank you!

But i still don't know why i have have to re-create the state. There should be a other option.

For me its fine, since this PA is new and there are only 40 Items with this issue, but if this occur in a bigger Area it could be a huge effort to re-create a state and map all Items to it. And I'm not even sure if this could create other problems in that Area.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.