It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

[closed] Problems accessing RTC using Internet Explorer?

Steve Norman (9113) | asked Sep 10 '09, 5:24 a.m.
closed Nov 21 '16, 3:18 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645)
On navigating to the "login" page for RTC using Internet Explorer, I get the "Loading..." background, but nothing more.

Using the same URL in Firefox works just fine.

At least one colleague of mine is experiencing a similar issue - we are both devleopers with various pieces of IBM (among other vendors) software installed on our PCs. I suspect that there may be some kind of JVM clash going on here.

Has anybody else experienced similar issues or does anyone have any idea of how to track the problem down?

It's not the end of the world, as we have the workaround of using Firefox, but it would be good to resolve the issue.

Thanks

Steve

The question has been closed for the following reason: "Problem is not reproducible or outdated" by rschoon Nov 21 '16, 3:18 a.m.

5 answers

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered Sep 10 '09, 5:41 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
On navigating to the "login" page for RTC using Internet Explorer, I get the "Loading..." background, but nothing more.

Using the same URL in Firefox works just fine.

At least one colleague of mine is experiencing a similar issue - we are both devleopers with various pieces of IBM (among other vendors) software installed on our PCs. I suspect that there may be some kind of JVM clash going on here.

Has anybody else experienced similar issues or does anyone have any idea of how to track the problem down?

It's not the end of the world, as we have the workaround of using Firefox, but it would be good to resolve the issue.

Thanks

Steve

Hi Steve

Quick check - are you using IE 7 or greater. IE 6 is not supported as there are known problems with this environment.

Another trick, if you have recently upgraded from RTC 1.0 - trying clearing the browser cache.

anthony

permanent link
Steve Norman (9113) | answered Sep 10 '09, 9:38 a.m.
Hi

It's IE7.

And I have never used RTC1.0

Thanks

permanent link
Steve Norman (9113) | answered Sep 14 '09, 5:43 a.m.
Hi

It's IE7.

And I have never used RTC1.0

Thanks

I'll post the solution here in case this thread turns up in a future search:
Enable the Advanced Option in Internet Explorer in the Security section called "Enable Native XMLHTTP support"

permanent link
Dean Richardson (6) | answered Jun 23 '10, 5:12 p.m.
Thank you. I only wish this solution was not buried so deep in the forums

permanent link
Alan D (15631311) | answered Mar 30 '11, 11:30 a.m.
Just a quick confirmation - we are in the process of rolling RTC out to the business, but there's going to be issues getting Firefox installed on everyone's PC. When we were going through the installation of RTC 2.0.0.1, we were told to use Firefox as the web browser as there were compatibility issues with IE.

On looking at some posts, it appears that IE6 is not supported, but that IE7 onwards is, though there may be some 'tweaking' involved such as

Enable the Advanced Option in Internet Explorer in the Security section called "Enable Native XMLHTTP support" (http://jazz.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11324&view=next).

Are we safe to roll with IE8?

Thanks
Alan