It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Export artifacts from Requirements Management (RM) in bulk PDF format

Gaurav Tapadkar (2713) | asked Mar 02 '17, 9:58 a.m.

Hello,

I am looking for an option to export all the artifacts from a particular project in PDF/Word format in Rational Requirements Composer (RRC) version 4.0.4

Currently there is an option to export artifacts in CSV format but maximum 50 at a time. Export to PDF/Word option appears only when individual artifact is accessed. 

Is there any easier way to bulk export all the artifacts in PDF through web or REST API?

Thanks

Comments
Gaurav Tapadkar commented Mar 03 '17, 10:50 a.m.

Any suggestions on this issue?

One answer

permanent link
Bas Bekker (1.4k4) | answered Mar 07 '17, 12:43 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

In the RRC 4.0.7 install I have, I see two options
1) In the artifact grid, I can select multiple artifacts, and with the artifact context menu select the option "generate a document-style report for # artifacts".
2) Also on top of the grid view, there is an icon that says "generate a document-style report for this view"

Both start a wizard where you can select the artifacts, the report type and various report options, where output types include PDF and Word.

You could write your own program to export artifacts through the OSLC API, but that means a programming effort, and understand the OSLC RM V2 API - the open standard way to programmatically integrate with RRC/DNG, there is an elaborate workshop to get you started here OSLC Workshop article.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.