It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Unclear description of RQM Professional License

Mark Roberts (1205338) | asked Aug 14 '12, 9:15 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
retagged Aug 15 '12, 10:28 a.m. by Mridula Muppana (1261)
On this page : https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.jazz.repository.web.admin.doc%2Ftopics%2Fc_license_mgmt_over.html there is a section of text which states :

The Quality Professional license allows you to create requirements and requirement collections while using the Quality Management application, but the following operations require an Analyst license:
  • Creating custom requirement types in the Requirements Management application
  • Creating and editing project and artifact templates for requirements
  • Creating and editing most graphical requirements artifacts such as screen flows, user interface sketches, and ase diagrams
This is with reference to the intersection of the Quality Professional license type and the Requirements Management function. I am confused by the statement 'editing most graphical requirements artifacts' since in my tests with evaluation licenses I am able to edit all diagram types with an RQM Prof license. I was also able to create a review using the RQM Prof license too. Can you please make clear to me exactly what an RQM Prof user is able to do within RRC.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Aug 24 '12, 3:41 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
This is a bug in the product behavior.  The product documentation is more correct.

All of the graphical artifacts should require an Analyst license to edit them.  I don't know why the word "most" is there; perhaps it's referring to the fact that you can upload artifacts created by other tools (e.g., your favorite mind map tool), and these can be downloaded and edited, and uploaded again by someone with a QP license.

Mark Roberts selected this answer as the correct answer

2 other answers

permanent link
Robin Bater (3.4k47) | answered Aug 16 '12, 10:14 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Mark,

Many thanks for pointing this out. Which version of RQM are you using? And are you using trial licenses or permanent licenses?

I ask because the intended license behaviour is as described in the help. It should not be possible to create custom requirements type, nor create and edit artifact templates, nor the graphical artifacts with the QP license.

I tested myself with CLM V4.0.1 M2 and it is possible to do this, so the development team are investigating.

permanent link
Mark Roberts (1205338) | answered Aug 28 '12, 4:41 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Robin,

This was actually extension licenses that had been added to my 'production' V4.0 demonstration virtual machine. I didn't test the custom requirement types or the templates, but I was able to create and edit graphical content. The text from the help pages was used to communicate the capability to the customer to they were told of the (intended) restrictitions for RQM Pro users and that should satisfy their requirements.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.