It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Change URLs for Jazz Reporting Service 6.0.1

Cameron McKay (571021) | asked Feb 27 '17, 12:47 p.m.
edited Feb 27 '17, 12:50 p.m.

Hello,

Presently, I have CLM 6.0.1 installed in my environment with four servers.  The topology is as follows:
  • Server 1: JTS, RM, QM, CCM, LDX and GC.
  • Server 2: RS
  • Server 3: DCC
  • Server 4: LQE
I have a DNS server configured as follows:
  • clm.company.com points to Server 1
  • rs.company.com points to Server 2
  • dcc.company.com points to Server 3
  • lqe.company.com points to Server 4
I'd like to explore adding a re-direct server that will direct the user to the correct server based on the URL they are providing.  My vision is to have a topology that works like this:
  • DNS server has one entry for clm.company.com that points to the re-direct server.
  • Re-direct server responds to requests and re-directs using the following rules:
    • clm.company.com/jts re-directs to server 1
    • clm.company.com/rm re-directs to server 1
    • clm.company.com/qm re-directs to server 1
    • clm.company.com/ccm re-directs to server 1
    • clm.company.com/ldx re-directs to server 1
    • clm.company.com/gc re-directs to server 1
    • clm.company.com/rs re-directs to server 2
    • clm.company.com/dcc re-directs to server 3
    • clm.company.com/lqe re-directs to server 4
I'm seeking some guidance in implementing this change using the topology mentioned above.  Some questions I have are as follows:
  • Do you see any challenges with changing the URLs for LQE, DCC and RS?
  • Is there an alternative topology that would be easier to implement?
  • Do you have any advice or materials that I could read for implementing this change?
Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Cam.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Feb 28 '17, 7:57 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Cam,

you should have started with a proper topology with reverse proxy in the first place. Please make yourself familiar with the documentation and the deployment wiki. Migrating and evolving it the topic you want: https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Deployment/DeploymentMigratingAndEvolvingMigrating CLM to a New Environment  is likely what you need. I know there is a server rename for some of the apps, but I am not up to date with all applications. You need to check that first. 

You should definitely try to fix our topology and also consider a more distributed topology. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.