It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

[Closed] RQM Excel Import: Problem with Importing Enumeration test step in Test script

Kumar Kumar (6427) | asked Feb 22 '17, 12:19 a.m.
edited Feb 22 '17, 2:50 a.m.

Hello,
I am trying to import one Test script and one Test cases from Excel.
testscript.steps.Keyword.value=B
testscript.steps.description=C

Step description is normal test updated properly but keyword is an enumeration type and its not getting updated.
No error during the execution Excel importer but if you recheck in the server the Keyword column is empty.

Please support.

Thanks,
Regards,
Kumar

Accepted answer

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered Feb 22 '17, 12:59 a.m.

Hi, Kumar

It is not clear whether you want to create a keyword and link to the script or not.
If yes, you can refer to keyword sample.cfg. There are some limitation here when keyword is involved:

-Keywords should get listed in separate sheet and link it to testscript (refer keyword sample.xls).
-Testscript cannot have combination of keyword and other step type (execution, reporting, information).
-Keyword can be created and linked to existing testscript but existing keyword cannot be linked to imported testscript.

Kumar Kumar selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Kumar Kumar commented Feb 22 '17, 1:08 a.m.

Hello yang please don't get confused with  the artifact keyword.

let me put it this way.
in Test script, I have 3 columns : Key, Description and Comment.
Key is an enumeration type and description & Comment are in small Text format.
Test script looks like :
Key     Description    Comment
set      ignition on      Turn on ignition
key column is an enumeration type has the values set, check, info etc.
I am able to import the column description and Comment but not able to import keyword column.

Thanks,

Don Yang commented Feb 22 '17, 1:23 a.m.

test script step supports Enumeration type from 6.0.2. If you are with with v6.0.2 or higher  version, you can refer to [To import custom attribute following parameters can be used]
in https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RQMExcelWordImporter
for the sample syntax. You would need to specify the type.

Kumar Kumar commented Feb 22 '17, 2:49 a.m.

Thank you That was very helpful.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.