It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why I can not duplicate test cases from the test plan?

Iciar Matilde Olocco y Garcia (731520) | asked Oct 16 '13, 10:34 a.m.
retagged Oct 17 '13, 9:22 a.m. by Laura W. Hinson (16126)
Hi !
I'm working in the RQM v4.0.2 and i can not duplicate tests cases inside the test plan.
The functionality is available from Construction >>> Browse Test Case.
Why the functionality to duplicate is not available from the "Tests Cases" section from Test Plan?

Thanks a lot !
Ichi

3 answers

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered Oct 17 '13, 1:13 a.m.
Ichi

I would say by design it is not supposed to have duplicate of Test Cases feature within test plan.
I don't see any existing RFE for the feature. If you have strong use case, you may want to raise a RFE to  request that feature within test plan.
https://jazz.net/jazz02/web/projects/Rational%20Quality%20Manager#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.newWorkItem&type=enhancement

If you can put your use case here, maybe someone from development team could comment whether it is a valid enhancement request or not. Thanks

permanent link
Dustan Daniel (3921723) | answered Oct 17 '13, 1:48 a.m.
I am not sure if this exists in 4.0.2. But in 4.0.4 there is a Copy and Replace function available with the Test Cases in a Test Plan.

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered Oct 17 '13, 2:15 a.m.
Copy and Replace function is added in v4.0.3, which is applied to testcase/testsuite within testplan or test script within testcase, it is: "An artifact which is used in multiple places can be duplicated and replaced within a particular use of that artifact so that modifications will not affect other uses of the artifact."
See Help: https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/index.jsp?re=1&topic=/com.ibm.rational.test.qm.doc/topics/t_copy_swap.html&scope=null, I don't think this is the feature Ichi is after as it is not the same feature as what duplicate feature in test case can do.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.