It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Story Point field read-only after upgrade

John Steele (27112) | asked Feb 14 '17, 12:58 p.m.
edited Feb 14 '17, 12:59 p.m.

Hello All,

My corporate instance of RTC v4.0.7 was recently upgraded to v5.0.2. Of the several new features, one change is creating a big problem - we can no longer edit the Story Point field in the Plan View.

Is there a new way to enter Story Points on User Stories in v5.x?

Related Question: Why can I not put a Story Point field into a User Story record for entry there?

Many thanks.

One answer

permanent link
Dinesh Kumar B (4.1k413) | answered Feb 15 '17, 2:17 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Feb 15 '17, 2:21 a.m.

Hi John,

Verify if the Attribute's Read-only property is not set

For this : Open the Project Area in Eclipse Client > Process Configuration > Project Configuration > Configuration Data > Work Items > Types and Attributes > Select Story work item type > find Story Points attribute in the Attributes section > Double click on it to open its properties > there is a property by name "Read-only"

if its set, you would not be able to edit... uncheck the read-only property > save the configuration and it should now allow saving.

If that is unset and still its not editable, you may want to check the Attribute Presentation from the Editor Presentation for the Story work item type, again there is a property named Read-only, you can set it to false and give a try.

Comments
John Steele commented Feb 15 '17, 12:23 p.m.

Dinesh - many thanks for taking the time to answer but, sadly, there's no Story Point Attribute at all for my Story work item type.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.