It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it possible to integrate multiple instances of DNG?

Phillip Rutten (82) | asked Jan 24 '17, 2:43 p.m.

If we were to have the need, for security purposes, to have multiple instances of DNG, is it possible to integrate them to each other? If so, how many instances of DNG can be integrated?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Michael Reed (126516) | answered Jan 24 '17, 4:33 p.m.
edited Jan 24 '17, 4:34 p.m.

Hi Phillip,

The simple answer is "yes". You can stand up essentially as many instances of DNG or RQM or RTC as you like and then link them. They can all use the same JTS (although at some point you may want to spread the wealth of back-end communication and core logic between multiple JTS instances as well) or stand them up completely separately. You do this through the Friend (Outgoing) and Consumer (Incoming) references and then you can specify link types that will interact between those connections.

While I do have multiple RTC instances and have only explored implementing an extended DNG and RQM implementation using the same structure I think it would be great to get feedback here from the IBM architects that implemented the managed services and/or the Jazz.net Sandbox environments. They are definitely extending the functionality through Friend relationships and have really pushed the tools quite a bit.

I hope that is of some small amount of help.

Regards,

-michael

Phillip Rutten selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Phillip Rutten commented Jan 24 '17, 5:06 p.m.

Thank you; I assumed we could, but just wanted verification. Kind Regards

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.