It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

My RM's artifacts do not link to Doors NG artifacts (Configuration enabled)

Saqib Niaz (71923) | asked Sep 07 '16, 10:51 a.m.
I have implemented a configuration enabled RM provider. I have added one of its stream to a Global Configuration stream. In that Global Configuration stream, I have also added a stream from Jazz QM and Jazz RM module. In Jazz's QM & RM project, I have selected the GC's stream as configuration context.
In QM I am able to link my requirements with QM's test case.
But when I come to RM, open a requirement, press links, select references from the dropdown list, it opens a dialog box and in "artifact container" my project is pre-selected. But there is an error displayed in the dialog that says:
The selected project cannot be shown in the current global configuration. Check that the current global configuration is correct and that a configuration for the project exists in the global configuration.
Details
ID CRRRW7359W  The selected project is not part of the current global configuration. A configuration for the project must be added to the global configuration in order to be able to create links between CM enabled projects.

Can somebody help in this regard?

Comments
Don Yang commented Sep 09 '16, 12:30 a.m.

the message suggests that both projects should be CM enabled and added to global configuration, the question is whether you are sure they are both met the criteria?

Saqib Niaz commented Sep 14 '16, 3:58 a.m.

Yes, i am sure that i have added streams from my custom RM provider and Jazz's RM provider to the same GC stream and then selected that GC stream in Jazz's RM Configuration Context.

4 answers

permanent link
Daniel Barbour (250222) | answered Sep 13 '16, 3:56 p.m.
edited Sep 13 '16, 3:58 p.m.
Hi Saqib,

You state that ".. I have selected the GC's stream as configuration context. In QM I am able to link my requirements with QM's test case..."  However you do not state that in RM you selected the GC's stream as your configuration context.  If the RM project still has the Local Project selected (i.e. configuration context icon shows two vertical bars with a name of something like ".. Initial Stream" instead of the hexagon GC icon) then RM will not display any links to your QM project.   Both RM and QM must be set to the same Global Configuration.

Comments
Saqib Niaz commented Sep 14 '16, 3:57 a.m.

QM is working fine with my custom RM provider. Just mentioned this to tell that i have a working example with my custom RM provider.

The issue is linking of my custom RM provider's artifacts with Jazz's RM artifacts. I have added a stream from my RM provider to a GC stream and added a Jazz's RM stream to the same GC stream.
I have selected that specific GC stream in Jazz RM Configuration Context. But still getting the error that the selected project is not part of the current global configuration when I try to link my RM's artifacts with Jazz's RM artifacts.

permanent link
Kirk Grotjohn (1.2k3) | answered Sep 15 '16, 6:11 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Not sure if it would matter, but have you tried a different link type other than References, perhaps Link To? 

Comments
Saqib Niaz commented Sep 21 '16, 5:50 a.m.

The only way to link a third party RM artifact is with References link type, in all other link types, my project doesn't appear in project drop down list

permanent link
Lonnie VanZandt (88517) | answered Dec 20 '17, 3:14 p.m.

Not an answer, just commiseration: an OSLC developer's life would be much easier if Jazz would inform the UI or write to the rm.log detail on why a particular OSLC ServiceProviderCatalog was found not to offer suitable OSLC Services for Link selection.

As it is, the process of determining what is missing or misstated in the OSLC ServiceProvider and Service resources is very difficult.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.