It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RM Creation Dialog is empty

Markel Sainz (1113) | asked Apr 26 '16, 5:22 a.m.
Hi everyone,

After having succesfully made an integration between Altium Designer and Doors 9.5, I'm now trying to migrate it to Doors Next Generation. Apparently, I'm able to query for the proper links in the OSLC service providers of each project. However I've got some problems:
  1. Both the selection and creation dialog URIs are unreachable. I mean, entering them in a web browser does nothing but a blank page, although the direction exists.
  2. In order to work with these dialogs, I use an extension in Altium which allows me to introduce a dialog (Delegated-UI) into a panel. In execution time, instead of showing the dialog in the panel, it opens an Internet Explorer instance and redirects me to the authentication site, which after entering credentials, reloads infinitely.

Does anybody know why can this happen?

In addition, I've detected a conceptual difference in RM comparing to 9.5, where Projects and Modules existed, which in the new version are called artifacts. Is in this new version any way of differentiaing these concepts?

Thanks in advance,

Markel.

2 answers

permanent link
Sudarshan Rao (1963) | answered May 05 '16, 7:22 a.m.
edited May 05 '16, 7:25 a.m.
Do you append the creationDialog URI with "#oslc-core-windowName-1.0"? If not, try with it.
I'm able to bring up the UI on a browser with it. Without it, it does not load.
If you need more details, see Delegated User Interface Dialogs, where Post Message and Window Name protocols are discussed. Hope that helps.

Comments
Markel Sainz commented May 05 '16, 7:58 a.m.

You saved my life :)) Thanks a lot.

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Apr 26 '16, 6:19 a.m.
You're using RDNG as an OSLC provider, and I believe you need to complete the authentication (user or OAuth) process before calling the creation dialog.
https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/index.jsp?re=1&topic=/com.ibm.rational.rrm.help.doc/topics/r_rm_oslc_services.html
https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/index.jsp?re=1&topic=/com.ibm.rational.rrm.help.doc/topics/r_rm_provider.html
https://jazz.net/library/article/1197

As for the difference between RDNG and DOORS, see blow link.
https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/topic/com.ibm.rational.rrm.help.doc/topics/c_differences_doors_dng.html

Comments
Markel Sainz commented May 04 '16, 5:50 a.m. | edited May 04 '16, 5:50 a.m.

Sorry for not having answered before.

I've tested the issue in different versions of JTS and still unable of making it work.
I'm using user (form) authentication and I do not have any other problem with it.

Should I be able of visualizing the creation dialog URI content in a browser tab? Is there any other thing I must do?

Donald Nong commented May 05 '16, 7:09 a.m.

I had a quick check. The "creationDialog" can only be used within RDNG itself, it seems, because the HTML code requires the Dojo base (lots of JavaScript) to run properly. I haven't figure out whether a lightweight creation dialog is actually available.

Markel Sainz commented May 09 '16, 3:24 a.m.

Well, seems that the solution of Sudarshan Rao, didn't last enough. Now I'm able of opening the dialog in a browser but still imposible to embed it in a C++ panel (frame).

Are you serious? There is no possibility to implement the DelegatedUI concept? Where did you got the info?

Thanks in advance.

Sudarshan Rao commented May 09 '16, 7:55 a.m.

That doesn't sound quite right, (and I haven't checked what Donald mentions). But, DelgatedUI services are meant to be consumed by external applications (though its used internally also), that's the objective of OSLC.
I don't know how I can help with your problem, but it should be fixable is my opinion.
Hope you are using hint height and hint width mentioned in creationUI node of the services.xml, for the size of your frame.. Even if it was different, I'd expect some kind of display to show up, though not aligned well. So not sure what's really going wrong..

Markel Sainz commented May 10 '16, 1:19 a.m.

The error I'm getting now is about an script being stopped...

Markel Sainz commented May 23 '16, 3:52 a.m.

Hi again,

I've been able of handling the errors and to show the dialog as a tomcat web app. I've got just a problem left :((

The aim is to access to the dialog (Tomcat webapp) from a C++ application, using an IE emulator. The problem appears when I navigate to the url, because the login prompt pop ups in another instance of IE, so I'm not able to login just in the C++ panel.

Is there any way of disabling the mentioned pop-up? Or I should try to change my app for using CEF?

Apart from the previous, I haven't been able to find the requirement preview URI in JTS. Has it been removed?

Thanks in advance.

showing 5 of 6 show 1 more comments

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.