It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

I have test cases associated with test plan. While trying to arrange it is not getting arranged why?

Krunal Gaoli (671169) | asked Jan 17 '17, 11:39 p.m.
retagged Jan 20 '17, 4:56 a.m. by Minakshi Jaint (5113)

I am using RQM 6.0.2 I have created test plan and associated test cases with it, but my test cases is not in sequence

I am trying to arrange test cases in proper sequence but it is not getting arrange. 

If I arrange test cases those who are in test suite can be arrange in proper sequence.

Do  anyone have resolution on it?

Best Regards 
Krunal

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ara Masrof (3.2k15) | answered Jan 18 '17, 11:28 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

You may be running into the following defect

If so, this have been back-ported to 6.0.2 iFix007

Krunal Gaoli selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Krunal Gaoli commented Feb 02 '17, 12:51 a.m.

Thanks Ara Masrof,

I appreciate your answer. I wanted to know the process that how to apply this 6.0.2 iFix007.

Best Regards
Krunal.

Donald Nong commented Feb 02 '17, 3:22 a.m.

You can always download the latest iFix from the jazz.net download page (at the bottom).
https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-quality-manager/releases/6.0.2?p=allDownloads

The installation instructions are included in the package.

4 other answers

permanent link
Sunil Kumar R (1.1k13344) | answered Jan 17 '17, 11:57 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Krunal,

The test cases list (table view) in RQM testplans provide a filters and queries in the list views and sort (asc, desc) functionality. All the topics are detailed here
So what do you mean by maintaining the order of testcases?

Ideally testsuite is the place where the list of testcases have to show in specific order so that during execution, it is easy to skip or consider those required for the current testsuite execution.

Best Regards
Sunil

permanent link
Krunal Gaoli (671169) | answered Jan 18 '17, 12:47 a.m.

Yes Sunil,  My focus is on maintaining the order of test cases that is into Test Plan, because I wanted to Export testcases from test plan into PDF format and I want the proper order for it.

permanent link
Rohit Rishabh (1531236) | answered Jan 18 '17, 2:50 p.m.
edited Jan 18 '17, 2:55 p.m.

Hi Krunal - ordering test cases under a test suite is basically sequencing the test cases in an order in which you want them to be executed when you choose to execute in sequence mode.

Ordering test cases in a test plan has nothing to do with an execution order of the test case and moreover the ordering happens based on accessing order of test case ids by default but you should be able to sort it on other fields like name and any other categories or attribute that you have in the test case. But the test plan should remember the ordering preference and if not then it is a defect.

permanent link
Krunal Gaoli (671169) | answered Jan 30 '17, 11:18 p.m.

Yes its a defect.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.