It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What is the correct format for specifying the JTS JDBC Location during interactive jts setup?

Tim Feeney (30745745) | asked Mar 08 '13, 6:02 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
retagged Mar 11 '13, 7:13 p.m. by Bo Chulindra (1.3k2718)
On a Suse Linux system, I am trying to record a response file using ./repotools-jts.sh setup.  I am doing this with RTC 4.0.1 with Derby/Tomcat.

When I get to the step where I am prompted for JDBC location of the data warehouse database, I take the default, which should be valid, I get an error saying the format is wrong.  I tried hand typing the same information in and it still failed. 

Below is a text capture of the interactive session.  The error occurs at the very end.  Where am I going wrong?

rtcweb:/opt/IBM/JazzTeamServer/server # ./repotools-jts.sh -setup responseFile=../../defaultresponses3.txt
Repo Tools
Provisioning using "./conf/jts/provision_profiles".
  Jazz Foundation - Core Libraries, Version 4.0.1 (RJF-I20121109-1457)

Requesting setup steps from server: https://localhost:9443/jts

--- Starting Setup For Application: "Rational Jazz Team Server (https://localhost:9443/jts/)" ---

Executing step: Introduction

Welcome to the Jazz Team Server RepoTools setup wizard! This setup wizard contains configuration steps for the applications you just installed.

Initializing other locally installed applications.  This may take a few moments...

Executing step: Configure Public URI

This Jazz Team Server generates absolute URIs to resources used in stored artifacts, in mail notifications, feeds, for copying to the system clipboard, for Web access and for stable resource identification across all applications. These URIs are rooted by a "Public URI" declared for this Jazz Team Server.

These generated URIs may be referenced in contexts that are outside of the local network in which clients typically access your server (e.g., from another internet domain, or outside a corporate firewall). For example, you may have a proxy server outside your firewall that forwards these requests to the originating Jazz Team Server inside your local network, and you want these public URIs to be generated relative to that proxy. Therefore it is important that you choose a public URI that is fully qualified, and likely to remain stable over time. For additional help, please see the Planning your URIs topic.

Once the resources have been stored in the repository of this Jazz Team Server, the public URI (which includes the fully qualified hostname) cannot be changed. If the application moves to another server, the URI must remain stable, using DNS to re-route the hostname to another physical machine.

Configure this value in the following format: "https://<public_hostname><:port>/<context>" (e.g. https://host.my.company.net:9443/jts)
  Public URI Root ?
https://rtcweb.test.net:9443/jts

Warning:
    I understand that once the Public URI is set, it cannot be modified except with additional administrative commands, which can result in broken links from other applications that do not support changing URLs.
    Choose Confirm Public URI:
  [1] I understand
  [2] Cancel and exit setup - default
 ?
  Performing configuration validation...

Updating service property configurations...

Executing step: Configure Database

By default, this Jazz Team Server includes a pre-configured database using a JDBC connection. You can either keep this default or choose a different database vendor and/or connection type.

The type of connection pool to use (either J2EE or JDBC).

Choose DB Type:
  [1] JDBC - default
  [2] J2EE
 ?
  The JDBC vendor.

Choose JDBC Vendor:
  [1] DERBY - default
  [2] DB2
  [3] SQL Server
  [4] DB2 for z/OS
  [5] DB2i
  [6] Derby Net
  [7] ORACLE
 ?
    The location of the JDBC database. If the location will contain the password, use the value {password} instead of the actual password.
  JDBC Location [conf/jts/derby/repositoryDB] ?

Executing step: Configure E-mail Notification

Some Server and Application components use e-mail to communicate with users. By default, e-mail notifications are not enabled. To enable e-mail notification, select "Enabled", set the e-mail configuration properties, and optionally select which set of users should receive e-mails (by default all users receive e-mail).

Subscribers of work items and other collaboration artifacts can be notified of changes via e-mail. This property is the global switch for enabling and disabling e-mail notifications.

Enable E-mail Notification? (Enter Y to confirm)
N

Executing step: Configure User Registry

Jazz Team Server relies on a user registry to provide basic information about users and groups. You may choose one of these options for your user registry:

The user registry used for authentication and user import. Valid types are LDAP, TOMCAT, DETECT, and UNSUPPORTED.

Choose User Registry Type:
  [1] Tomcat - default
  [2] LDAP
  [3] Non-LDAP External Registry
 ?

Executing step: Create Administrative User

You are currently logged in as the default user (ADMIN). You may now create an administrator account that will be created in the Jazz Team Server. Your new account will have the JazzAdmins role, which will allow you to log in to the Admin UI.

Your user ID (e.g. 'jsmith')
  User ID ?
rtcadmin

Enter a password that you can remember but won't be easy for others to guess.
  Password ?

Re-Type Password ?

Your full name (e.g. 'John Smith')
  Name ?
RTC Admin

Your e-mail address (e.g. 'jsmith@example.com')
  E-Mail Address ?
rtcadmin@nowhere.com

Performing validation...

Current user is being logged out...

Switching to user "rtcadmin"

Executing step: Disable ADMIN Access

The default ADMIN user is defined in Jazz to allow you to log into a new server, configure the server, and create an initial JazzAdmins user. For enhanced server security we recommend that you disable default ADMIN access at this time.

Whether or not the distinguished 'ADMIN' user is disabled access to the repository.

Choose ADMIN Access:
  [1] Disable - default
  [2] Do Not Disable
 ?

Contacting the registered applications. This may take a while, please wait...

Executing step: Register Applications

Use this step to register installed applications with the Jazz Team Server.

Register local Change and Configuration Management (CCM) application? (Enter Y to confirm)
Y

Change and Configuration Management application instance name [/ccm] ?

Change and Configuration Management application discovery URL [https://rtcweb.test.net:9443/ccm/scr] ?

Registering application "/ccm"...

Requesting setup steps from server: https://rtcweb.test.net:9443/ccm

Synchronizing Users.  This may take a moment...

Registering application "/admin"...

Requesting setup steps from server: https://rtcweb.test.net:9443/admin

You can manually add new applications (for example, an application installed on a remote server).
  Number of additional (non-local) applications to register [0] ?

Retrieving client access license information. Please wait...

Executing step: Assign Licenses

Select the appropriate Client Access License(s) to be assigned to your user. You can assign additional license keys in the Admin UI as needed.

Choose Rational Team Concert License:
  [1] None - default
  [2] Developer
  [3] Contributor - 60-day Trial
  [4] Developer for IBM Enterprise Platforms - 60-day Trial
  [5] Stakeholder - 60-day Trial
 ?
  Validating the license assignment...

Performing validation...

Executing step: Configure Data Warehouse Database

Choose DB Type:
  [1] JDBC - default
  [2] J2EE
 ?
  The JDBC vendor.

Choose JDBC Vendor:
  [1] DERBY - default
  [2] DB2
  [3] SQL Server
  [4] DB2 for z/OS
  [5] DB2i
  [6] Derby Net
  [7] ORACLE
 ?
    The location of the JDBC database. Use the value {password} instead of the actual password.
  JDBC Location [conf/jts/derby/warehouseDB] ?
conf/jts/derby/warehouseDB

The Database Network Server Port, e.g., 1527. The port must be unique within the hosting server machine.
  Database Network Server Port [1527] ?

--- Starting Setup For Application: "Change and Configuration Management (https://rtcweb.test.net:9443/ccm/)" ---

Executing step: Configure Database

By default, this Jazz Team Server includes a pre-configured database using a JDBC connection. You can either keep this default or choose a different database vendor and/or connection type.

Choose DB Type:
  [1] JDBC - default
  [2] J2EE
 ?
  The JDBC vendor.

Choose JDBC Vendor:
  [1] DERBY - default
  [2] DB2
  [3] SQL Server
  [4] DB2 for z/OS
  [5] DB2i
  [6] Derby Net
  [7] ORACLE
 ?
    The location of the JDBC database. If the location will contain the password, use the value {password} instead of the actual password.
  JDBC Location [conf/ccm/derby/repositoryDB] ?
conf/ccm/derby/repositoryDB

Executing step: Finalize Application

In order to finish the configuration of this application, there are a few operations that need to be completed. This step will provide feedback regarding the status of these operations. Once this step is complete, the application setup will be complete.

Completing Setup

Executing step: Configure Data Warehouse Database

Choose DB Type:
  [1] JDBC - default
  [2] J2EE
 ?
  The JDBC vendor.

Choose JDBC Vendor:
  [1] DERBY
  [2] DB2
  [3] SQL Server
  [4] DB2 for z/OS
  [5] DB2i
  [6] Derby Net - default
  [7] ORACLE
 ?
    The location of the JDBC database. Use the value {password} instead of the actual password.
  JDBC Location [//localhost:1527/conf/jts/derby/warehouseDB] ?
//localhost:1527/conf/jts/derby/warehouseDB

The Database Network Server Port, e.g., 1527. The port must be unique within the hosting server machine.
  Database Network Server Port ?

Validation error for service "com.ibm.team.datawarehouse.service.internal.RemoteDatabaseService":
  The provider did not recognize the format of location stream.

Comments
VK L commented Mar 09 '13, 4:24 a.m. | edited Mar 11 '13, 6:28 p.m.

Hi,

Is the database network port correct? I think the path //localhost:1527/conf/jts/derby/warehouseDB is not getting resolved

Accepted answer

permanent link
Bo Chulindra (1.3k2718) | answered Mar 11 '13, 1:43 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
You chose Derby when you should have chosen the default which is Derby Net.

Choose JDBC Vendor:
  [1] DERBY
  [2] DB2
  [3] SQL Server
  [4] DB2 for z/OS
  [5] DB2i
  [6] Derby Net - default
  [7] ORACLE
 ?
Tim Feeney selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Tim Feeney commented Mar 11 '13, 6:51 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Thank you Bo.  That was indeed the problem.  Choosing option 6 allowed the interactive setup to complete and I was then able to run setup from the command line.  However, a new issue came up which I posted here:  Error running command line repotools setup: CRJAZ0106E The server is temporarily unavailable

Bo Chulindra commented Mar 11 '13, 6:58 p.m. | edited Mar 11 '13, 7:07 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Also for future reference, note that if you want to choose the default, you can leave the input blank and just hit enter.

Edit: never mind, I can see from you inputs that you used the defaults for several prompts.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.