It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Which CLM Apps need/have JazzDWAdmins?

Volker Gardain (525) | asked Feb 05 '15, 4:29 a.m.
When installing CLM 6.0M8, I use the clm_deploy.py script to deploy the .war apps into WebSphere. As with previous versions, I am trying to map roles to users with the AdminApp.edit function for all apps.

Now, and this is new, I am getting an error message that ccm.war does not offer to set JazzDWAdmins. The exact error message is this one:
WASX7017E: Exception received while running file ... WASX7111E: Cannot find a match for supplied option: "[JazzDWAdmins, ... for task "MapRolesToUsers". The supplied option must match with the existing task data in the application and the existing task data are: "[JazzAdmins] [JazzUsers] [JazzGuests] [JazzProjectAdmins] [JazzDebug] "
Can anyone let me know which of the apps have JazzDWAdmins, and which do not?

I am installing the following apps:
ccm.war
dcc.war

dm.war
gc.war

jts.war

lqe.war

qm.war

rm.war

rs.war

vvc.war

There is also rdmhelp, vvchelp, converter, clmhelp - but I gather that these do not have the user role mappings at all.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Feb 05 '15, 7:45 a.m.
edited Feb 05 '15, 7:46 a.m.
Hello Volker,

here is the confirmation that JazzDWAdmins is obsolete:

Task 249062 Remove all references to  JazzDWAdmins from repository code including the Admin WEB UI
https://jazz.net/jazz/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/249062

Task 341595 Remove references to JazzDWAdmins repository group permissions from help topics
https://jazz.net/jazz/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/341595

(Note: I'm not sure if the tasks above are accessible by everybody but the summary is that JazzDWAdmins is no longer needed and has been removed in v.6).

Best Regards,

Francesco Chiossi
Volker Gardain selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Feb 05 '15, 5:54 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
the *help.war files are only help files and don't have repository roles. The converter app is only used by rm and does not have them either.

So far only the main applications e.g ccm, rm (since 5.x), qm, dm, that show up as real application nodes and have a URI root usually have the repository roles. Other applications that are used by them don't.

As this is a milestone build, the best way to check what a main application is, would be to install on tomcat once and look at what applications have their own administration page with user and repository role mapping.  

Comments
Volker Gardain commented Feb 05 '15, 7:27 a.m.

Thanks for the hint about checking the app server admin page. I had a look at the WAS admin console, and found that only ccm, jts and qm have the option "Security role to user/group mapping". RM does not have it ... which seems a little odd.
So, what I'm doing now is map roles to users for ccm, jts, qm.
I remove JazzDWAdmins from the mapping, and add the JazzDebug role, for all 3 applications.
But, I am not sure whether this is OK. It would be good to have a confirmation that JazzDWAdmins is obsolete.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.