It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Upgrade DCC from 6.0.2 to 6.0.3

Tim Stoffel (112) | asked Dec 22 '16, 7:50 a.m.
edited Dec 22 '16, 8:00 a.m.
Hello,

i try to upgrade my whole Server, the upgrade scripts for jts, ccm, relm and dm works correctly.

I try:
cd C:\IBM\JazzTeamServer_603\server
upgrade\dcc\dcc_upgrade.bat -oldApplicationHome "C:\IBM\JazzTeamServer_602\server\conf"

But i get this Error:
"." cant be processed syntactically at this point.

I debuged the scripts: My bat scripts run till line 225 in app_upgrade.bat in C:\IBM\JazzTeamServer_603\server\upgrade\dcc.
The Line is:
if NOT "%REAL_CONTEXT_ROOT%" == "" %AND% "%APPLICATION_CONTEXT_ROOT%" == "" (

I echo the %REAL_CONTEXT_ROOT% and the Value is: ECHO is enabled (ON).

I don't know how to solve this issue.

Thanks

Tim

2 answers

permanent link
Matthew Clark (10711244) | answered Dec 22 '16, 11:25 a.m.
My issue does not appear to be the same error at all, but my DCC application is also failing to upgrade. I am attempting to go from 6.0.1 to 6.0.3. The upgrade fails during Step 1 - Add tables.

Logs shows this....
"CRJAZ0683I An error occurred during the post-import handler for the "com.ibm.team.process" namespace.
com.ibm.team.repository.common.TeamRepositoryException: Process migration handler was asked to handle exported version null. This migration handler cannot import this version."

I have a ticket open with IBM support. They suggested that I might have a corrupted table in my database but have not been very helpful in determining how to fix the issue. Until this gets resolve, we are not upgrading to 6.0.3 in our production environment.

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k373103) | answered May 09 '17, 5:12 a.m.

Hi Tim,
We had the issue with few customers. The root cause was that due to any reason the table DCCUSER.REPOSITORY_SERVER_VERSION_RCRD was empty. It might have happened during restoring or backup the database. Can you check if the table is not empty and if it is empty or not in a backup?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.