It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Installing Data Collection Component on an existing Jazz Server

Sany Maamari (13243751) | asked Mar 25 '15, 12:25 p.m.
Hi all,
I'm trying to install DCC on an existing Jazz platform which is in version 5.0.2. I'm installing DCC in the same WAS profile as the Jazz Team Server exactly like JRS.
All is good until registering the application. When I try to register DCC. at the setup DB step (DB2 database) I get a repoLock Error.
If I try to change the repoLockId in the teamserver.properties files, I manage to pass this step, but still the finalize app page goes blank and I'm unable to continue.

Do you if there is a script that needs to be run to configure the teamserver.properties file before trying to register the application in jts/setup ?

Thank you for the help.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Benjamin Silverman (4.1k610) | answered Mar 25 '15, 1:55 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Sany,

Just to confirm, you need to be pointing to a NEW database for DCC, not using an existing one.  This database is created just like any of the other CLM DB2 databases, but it sounds like that may be your problem.  Have you created a new database for DCC?
Sany Maamari selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Sany Maamari commented Apr 03 '15, 8:11 a.m.

Yes, I've solved it by creating a new DCC database. I was mistaken because in the example given in the setup page, it is written JTS
Thanks for the help

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.