It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

IBM RFT Adapter Integrate RQM

diego dbserver (1112) | asked Nov 28 '16, 12:53 p.m.

Good afternoon, I am integrating RFT 8.6.0.7 to be run from my local machine by Rational Quality Manager (RQM). I was able to start the connection through the adapter normally, and I import the testcase that will be executed by the web. But the execution returns me the following message: ERROR: Could not run the script. And by log4J, type the following errors:

java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: sicredi/testcases/HelloWorld : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0

java.lang.NullPointerException at java.io.File.<init>(Unknown Source) at com.ibm.rqm.adapter.rft.RFTLogUtilities.zipLogFiles(RFTLogUtilities.java:236) at com.ibm.rqm.adapter.rft.RFTExecutionRequest.zipLog(RFTExecutionRequest.java:139) at com.ibm.rqm.adapter.rft.RFTExecutionThread.run(RFTExecutionThread.java:124)

can anybody help me ?

3 answers

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21114139) | answered Nov 28 '16, 10:06 p.m.
Hi, Diego

What version of RQM do you run?
From the error, it seems that you have compiled Java code with JRE7 and tried to run it with lower version.
Is this a Java application and you compiled it with JRE7? Does it work in RFT itself?

Comments
diego dbserver commented Nov 29 '16, 6:04 a.m. | edited Nov 15 '17, 4:05 p.m.

I'm using version 6.0.2

Yes, I'm using jre7 and the script runs in rational normally.
The error only occurs when I try to run by adpater rqm.

I also believe that the error is being caused by some java conflict, but I can not identify where to correct

Don Yang commented Nov 30 '16, 12:46 a.m.

if you go to adapter console, you should see a java.exe used to run the script(there is a long command there), you may check the version of java. Or check JAVA_HOME if it points to lower version of java?

diego dbserver commented Dec 06 '16, 9:17 a.m. | edited Dec 06 '16, 6:06 p.m.

I believe the problem may be related to the .jar files stored in the RFT customization folder: C: \ ProgramData \ IBM \ RFT \ customization The integration returns error of not finding the script, is it possible to customize the execution so that RQM will locate the external libraries of this local folder?

Don Yang commented Dec 06 '16, 6:27 p.m.

If the external libraries are in the RFT's customization folder(you can check \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Rational Software\Rational Test\8\Rational FT Customization Directory to find out the customization folder), RQM would be able to locate them automatically.

If you suspect the external jar files may be compiled with lower java and causing the issue, you can try to compile them with the correct version of java and then put into the customization folder again and have a test. Another option for the external libraries is to use execution argument -projectpath explained in the below forum discussions:
https://jazz.net/forum/questions/34635/adapter-to-rqm-is-not-recognizing-the-third-party-library
http://technicalshowoff.blogspot.com.au/2011/04/script-facing-class-not-found-exception.html
https://jazz.net/forum/questions/46742/classdefnotfound-error-on-executing-a-rft-script-from-rqm

permanent link
Ted Mayer (47649) | answered Dec 06 '16, 11:12 a.m.

I just recently noticed the same error when running a RFT script from RQM, and instead of seeing the results, we saw the following error:

ERROR: Could not run the script

In our case the issue was related to RQM using shared location for the RFT scripts. Using local RFT scripts, the issue was not seen.

The following article was created for the behavior that we encountered.

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/blogs/nfrsblog/entry/Running_RFT_scripts_from_RQM_may_fail_when_using_Shared_Location?lang=en_us

Hopefully this will help in your situation as well.

Comments
diego dbserver commented Dec 06 '16, 12:43 p.m. | edited Dec 06 '16, 6:27 p.m.

I appreciate the help, but it's not the same case. The error that returns me in the log is as follows:

java.lang.NullPointerException at java.io.File.<init>(Unknown Source) at com.ibm.rqm.adapter.rft.RFTLogUtilities.zipLogFiles(RFTLogUtilities.java:236) at com.ibm.rqm.adapter.rft.RFTExecutionRequest.zipLog(RFTExecutionRequest.java:139) at com.ibm.rqm.adapter.rft.RFTExecutionThread.run(RFTExecutionThread.java:124) 15:20:37,904 [Execution Thread] DEBUG com.ibm.rqm.integration.client.clientlib

Would you know a possible solution?

permanent link
Nick Peterson (11) | answered Jun 18 '18, 4:17 p.m.

It is all about to OK, but there is a problem to run the Script via the adapter, It has shown some errors at the run time of it. but there also a solution to get rid of the problem, and these are well described in Canon Printer services you may get a lots of help from it.

<o:p> </o:p>

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.