It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

CLM 6.0.1 LQE Config Freezes

Cameron McKay (571021) | asked Nov 25 '16, 7:49 a.m.
 Hello,

I am installing Jazz Reporting Service 6.0.1 on a client environment that uses WAS 8.5.5.9, SQL Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012.  It uses a departmental topology with four servers. The servers and their installed components are as follows:
  • Server 1 has JTS, CCM, RQM and RM installed.
  • Server 2 has DCC installed.
  • Server 3 has RS installed.
  • Server 4 has LQE installed.
Servers 2, 3 and 4 were set up yesterday.  After installing the application and configuring WAS, I ran the JTS/setup to register DCC, RS and LQE as applications in Jazz Team Server.  The setup ran successfully for DCC and RS.  However, the LQE configuration did not.  The symptoms are as follows:
  • In step 1, I am able to choose SQL Server as the database type and enter a connection string.
  • In step 2, I click "Save Database Connection" and a message at the top of the page shows "Updating JDBC connection settings".
  • In step 3, it shows a red X next to the "Configuration saved successfully".
I've looked through the logs on the LQE server and it doesn't show any errors.  The developer console in Mozilla Firefox displays an error that says "Internal Server Error 500".

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Cam.  

One answer

permanent link
Cameron McKay (571021) | answered Nov 29 '16, 4:41 p.m.
edited Nov 29 '16, 4:41 p.m.
  • It turns out the error was being caused by an improperly configured WebSphere.  The JAZZ_HOME and other variables were pointing to the wrong installation directory.   I updated them, cleared the WAS cache and that fixed the problem.
Steps to clear the WAS cache are as follows:

1.      Stop WebSphere.

2.      Navigate to /WASINSTALLDIR/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/AppSrv01/logs and delete all files that match the following wildcards:

• ·        Etl*
  • ·        Ccm*
  • ·        Jazz*
  • ·        Jts*
  • ·        Qm*
  • ·        Rm*

3.      Clear the OSGi class cache by running the command ./WASINSTALLDIR/IBM/Websphere/AppServer/profiles/AppSrv01/bin/osgiCfgInit.bat

4.      Clear the JVM class cache by running the command ./WASINSTALLDIR/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/profiles/AppSrv01/bin/clearClassCache.bat

5.      Rename the following folders to folder-backup:

• ·        Wscache
  • ·        Tranlog
  • ·        Workspace
  • ·        Temp

6.      Create the following new folders:

• ·        Wscache
  • ·        Tranlog
  • ·        Workspace
  • ·        Temp

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.