It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Interactive Upgrade Guide inconsistency?

Michael Reed (126516) | asked Nov 16 '16, 11:36 a.m.
edited Nov 17 '16, 7:09 a.m. by Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12)
Could someone verify for me the exact right version of the sqljdbc jar file that needs to be used? In our old environment we are using sqljdbc_4.0.jar but want to be sure that will work moving to 6.0.x.

I'm pretty sure this is not supposed to be the case but I was running through the preparation for upgrading and decided to use the interactive upgrade guide and found a conflicting JDBC driver version reference in the same section...

Meet your database prerequisites:
  • You have the correct user name and password.
  • Before you start the upgrade process, verify the integrity of the database by running the -verify repotools command.
  • You backed up your database before you started the upgrade process. For information about backing up databases, see your database vendor documentation.
  • You ensured that the Java Database Connectivity (JDBC) driver is installed, and you are using sqljdbc_4.1.jar.
  • You created an environment variable named SQLSERVER_JDBC_DRIVER_FILE and pointed to the /opt/IBM/sqljdbc_4.0.jar JDBC driver.
  • The SQL service is started.

One answer

permanent link
Arne Bister (2.6k12832) | answered Nov 19 '16, 8:56 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Michael,

what database are you using? From the text I conclude that most likely it is MS SQL Server?
Which version are you running?

Also it makes a whole lot of difference if you update to CLM 6.0.2 or 6.0.3
Starting in 6.0.3 only Java 7 is supported. For MS SQL this means you need sqljdbc_4.1.jar as you upgrade, at least according to https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms378422%28v=sql.110%29.aspx

Please file a defect against documentation / interactive upgrade guide if you did enter upgrade to 6.0.3 and it mentions a wrong driver version.

If this is helpful please mark the answer as accepted.

- Arne

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.