It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

I have to migrate my project area and all test assets(Test Suit,Test Cases, RFT scripts etc) from one RQM server to another. If anyone have done it,please help regarding this

Ankit Kumar (114) | asked Nov 16 '16, 2:35 a.m.
I need to migrate my entire project area from one RQM server to another
-have to migrate all test suits,test cases, rft scrips
If anyone have done it or have useful links,please suggest me as I am new to RQM server migration

One answer

permanent link
Ara Masrof (3.2k15) | answered Nov 16 '16, 9:02 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Currently, there is not 'tool' to move/copy a complete RQM project area from one sever to another. There is development work going on in this area for a future release however

Some options

RQM Copy Utility 

To be clear, this is “not” a utility to move entire projects, but rather to move testing assets across project areas

The RQM Copy Utility is an open-source stand-alone Java application used to copy RQM artifacts such as Test Plans, Test Cases, Lab Resources, etc. The destination of the copy can be the same Project Area, a different Project Area in the same RQM repository, or a different repository/server altogether. The primary goal of the copy would be to share common artifacts across projects and teams. It is not intended as a back-up utility or a project move utility

Server Rename 

Server rename allows you to move a complete server (i.e. all associated projects) from one location to another. See the above link for additional details  

Comments
Ankit Kumar commented Nov 17 '16, 12:39 a.m.

Thanx Ara......We can not migrate by exporting TestSuite/TestCases in .csv file from old server  and then importing that csv on new server?Do you have any link/info  regarding this which can be helpful

Ankit Kumar commented Nov 17 '16, 4:56 a.m.

My new server version is different from old server version(old server version - 5.0.2, new server version - 6.0.1). So I need to know whether migration of test assest is possible in this case using  RQM Copy Utility tool or RQM Importer and which would be more efficient?

Ara Masrof commented Nov 17 '16, 7:32 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

You can import data from an Excel or Word document using the Rational Quality Manager Excel/Word Importer 

You will need to create a configuration file (essentially a mapping file) in order to import the data; information and samples are available via the Wiki and utility itself

Also, any type of data movement (copying, importing.....) between projects area 'must' be at the same version; you can not copy 5.x assets to a 6.x server; this will cause serious is

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.