It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Renaming of Keyword won't change globally.

Biff Dirk (111) | asked Jun 18 '15, 3:13 p.m.
When having to rename a keyword, it won't change automatically in all the test scripts in the test plan.  The keyword script associated with the keyword will change globally as will its contents.  But the keyword itself will not change globally.

With the "Try in the Cloud" version of RTC, the keywords are able to be renamed and change globally.

One answer

permanent link
Frank McGrath (242162) | answered Jun 18 '15, 5:39 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I tried this on a local server and it did work for me. What version are you using?

Can you explain more precisely what you are doing?  

For example, I opened a script that referenced a keyword.  I then renamed the keyword.  When I looked again at the script, it did not immediately get the new name for the keyword, as the script was still open.  When I refreshed the script, it did pick up the new name for the keyword.

Comments
Biff Dirk commented Jun 19 '15, 9:39 a.m.

I'm using RQM 4.0.5 but it worked in previous versions.  I compared it with the Trial 5.0.2

The keyword appears updated throughout the system except in the test script.
The test script still displays the old keyword name.  When you access the keyword view in the test script, the new keyword name appears so that's fine.  It now appears that its a test script refreshing issue and not a keyword issue. 

However, the test script is able to correctly display any updated scripts associated with any given keyword.  Its just the name of the keyword itself that the test script is having trouble with.

Thanks for your interest.  Any thoughts?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.