It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Stax/Staf Integration with RQM 2.0.All automations Interface

Andrea Papitto (26118) | asked Aug 28 '09, 4:47 a.m.
Hi everyone,

This is my problem,
in the "all Automation interface" I m wondering where does RQM fetch the information "Status= completed" and "Result=Pass" in the sub-section "Running Automations"? RQM should get them from stax/staf integration (which is my case) but how? I mean which variable of stax/staf integration gives those informations to RQM interface? As you see I m trying to customize "Result" and trying to obtain in same cases the word "fail" , even if is "pass" for RQM, because of the log informations which are related to our application.

Thanks in advance

Andrea

2 answers

permanent link
John Nason (2.4k1012) | answered Sep 02 '09, 11:41 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello Andrea -
We use the value of com.ibm.staf.STAFResult to determine the run state of a STAX task. We have a thread that polls the STAF message queue periodically to read all messages from STAF and get this value. This in turn updates RQM with the status and/or result of an automation.
Note that there is some data normalization since there is not a direct mapping from the STAFResult to the values that RQM uses for status (since RQM needs to be generic).

Hope that helps.
Regards,
John

Hi everyone,

This is my problem,
in the "all Automation interface" I m wondering where does RQM fetch the information "Status= completed" and "Result=Pass" in the sub-section "Running Automations"? RQM should get them from stax/staf integration (which is my case) but how? I mean which variable of stax/staf integration gives those informations to RQM interface? As you see I m trying to customize "Result" and trying to obtain in same cases the word "fail" , even if is "pass" for RQM, because of the log informations which are related to our application.

Thanks in advance

Andrea

permanent link
Andrea Papitto (26118) | answered Sep 03 '09, 10:50 a.m.
Hi John,

Thanks for helping me. I found a work-around directly on the STAX xml file. I use a specific tag (which is called "terminate") that cause an interruption of the block main, under an IF condition, giving back to RQM the result=fails.

Best
Andrea

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.