It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

TestManager - RQM Migration

Georg Kellner (840378108) | asked Apr 04 '13, 6:37 a.m.
We have a project, using Rational TestManager.
We are discussing about a migration to RQM, and run some tests.

We have two major points:
1.) many projects
Their structure in TM is to have one TM project for each system component.
If we do a migration, we'll need one project area per TM project, but we want to avoid man project areas.
So my idea is:
Migrate all projects to RQM, for each project an own project area.
Copy the content of the first project area into a "central" project area.
Modify all artifacts to set them to team area "Team 1".
Copy the content of the second project area into a "central" project area.
Modify all artifacts to set them to team area "Team 2".
And so on...
Would this be a good way to do this migration into one project area?
Are there any other possibilites?

2.) Migration of TestCases with steps and verifcation points.
After the migration of manual TCs from TM to RQM the things they know as steps or verification points are put together in the TC design.
As far as I can see, they used the steps as they are used in RQM manual scripts and the verification points represents the expected results.
But the user expects a manual script per TC, where the steps and points are stored in the correct form and order.
I've checked the .xml files delivered with the GRTMMigration tool, but couldn't find the a point, where I can configure something in this area.
Running the "Create script from design" would work, but the VPs are listed as steps, instead of being listed as expected result.
I could use the API, never did this before, get the design, split it into steps and results, create a manual script, fill it with the informations, and attach it to the TC.

Any other hints, how to solve this problem?

greetings georg.

One answer

permanent link
William Chen (31215) | answered Apr 18 '13, 12:08 p.m.
Hi - I would try to answer your first migration question if you are still working on this project. One thing that you should keep in mind would be on Quality Management role-based permissions between configuration levels. Users at team areas would not able to perform some permission and actions as outlined below:

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m1/topic/com.ibm.jazz.platform.doc/topics/c_qm_permissions_reference.html

Hope this helps!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.