It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM 2.0 Beta 1 - Usability Feedback - The "Save" b

Brian Lahaie (36) | asked Mar 23 '09, 5:49 a.m.
I was hoping the "Save" button was going to be changed/updated in RQM 2.0 Beta 1. Based on my experiences the "Save" button is too far away from the GUI control(s) where changes are made. Anytime a change is made the user has to scroll the mouse to the other side of the page to click the "Save" button.

The solution to this issue could be to move the "Save" button closer to where the user makes changes, or have multiple save buttons in different locations on a Test Plan,Test Case, Test Script, etc.

Also, making the "Save" button larger will make it easier to click.

7 answers

permanent link
Helen Lozoraitis (60624) | answered Mar 23 '09, 12:49 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,
I will pass your feedback along to the Usability team. If you have more specific examples of places in the UI where this occurs, please let us know.
Thanks.

permanent link
Brian Lahaie (36) | answered Mar 23 '09, 2:25 p.m.
Hi,
I will pass your feedback along to the Usability team. If you have more specific examples of places in the UI where this occurs, please let us know.
Thanks.

The most specific example is when a manual Test Script has many steps, and as a result the "Save" button is not visible when making changes to a step at the end of the script. As a result the user has to scroll to the top of the page and click the save button.

In addition to this the "Save" button on the Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Suites, and Test Environments is also too far away from the UI controls being changed.

permanent link
Brian Lahaie (36) | answered Mar 24 '09, 5:35 p.m.
I have included a screen shot illustrating what I described in my earlier posting.
http://3894659985892330012-a-1802744773732722657-s-sites.googlegroups.com/site/rationalspace/images/RQM_2.0_Beta_1_ManualTestScript_SaveButton.JPG

permanent link
Helen Lozoraitis (60624) | answered Mar 25 '09, 12:16 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
OK thanks for the additional details. The Usability team has been reviewing this area and will let you know if they have questions.

permanent link
Wayne Ho (91) | answered Mar 26 '09, 1:57 p.m.
Thanks for passing along the feedback.

We are looking at a couple of ways to help address this concern:

1) Provide a keyboard shortcut for Save (i.e., Ctrl+S)
2) Duplicate the Save button (and other related buttons currently only at the top of the editors) at the bottom of the editor.

If we can provide these two solutions will this help address your concern?

Thanks.

permanent link
Brian Lahaie (36) | answered Mar 26 '09, 2:22 p.m.
We are looking at a couple of ways to help address this concern:

1) Provide a keyboard shortcut for Save (i.e., Ctrl+S)
2) Duplicate the Save button (and other related buttons currently only at the top of the editors) at the bottom of the editor.

Providing these two solutions will help address my concern. Thank you for the update.

Also if possible for #2, can the duplicate Save button be located on the left side under the "Click to add..." text? By putting the button closer to the manual steps it will create a smaller distance for users to have to move their mouse to save the test script.

http://3894659985892330012-a-1802744773732722657-s-sites.googlegroups.com/site/rationalspace/images/RQM_2.0_Beta_1_Potential_Save_Button_Location.jpg

Does this make sense?

permanent link
Wayne Ho (91) | answered Mar 31 '09, 9:17 a.m.
Also if possible for #2, can the duplicate Save button be located on the left side under the "Click to add..." text? By putting the button closer to the manual steps it will create a smaller distance for users to have to move their mouse to save the test script.

Thank-you for the additional suggestion. We will take this into consideration.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.