It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to install RTC plugin in the Rational Application Developer for WebSphere on a MAC?

Gilson Santos (1312) | asked Oct 08 '16, 10:22 a.m.
edited Oct 08 '16, 10:23 a.m.
Hi,

I have the Rational Application Developer for WebSphere running on a MAC. How do I install the RTC plugin?

Thank you
Gilson

Accepted answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Oct 09 '16, 9:15 p.m.
You can use either Installation Manager or Eclipse p2 install. It shouldn't be any different from other supported platforms. What versions of RAD and RTC are you going to install and what exact problem do you have?
Gilson Santos selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Gilson Santos commented Oct 10 '16, 8:51 a.m.

Hi Donald, thanks for your answer. I have RAD 9 on a MAC. I tried to use the option Help/Install New Software then selected the .zip files downlaoded from the jazz.net site and it gives theĀ  error message saying "it could not find jar".

I tried the RTC Client for Mac versions RTC-Client-Mac-4.0.7.zip and RTC-Client-Mac-6.0.2.zip

Gilson Santos commented Oct 10 '16, 1:31 p.m.

I see where I committed a mistake: I was pointing to the file RTC-Client-Mac-4.0.7.zip instead of pointing it to RTC-Client-p2Repo-4.0.6.zip.

Thanks for the help

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.