It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can we use another reverse proxy server vendor for a distributed topology?

Sudheer Rugbeer (11521832) | asked Sep 15 '16, 11:31 a.m.
 Good Day,

We are migrating a Jazz installation from a single server to a distributed topology at a client.
However, the client wishes to use their Reverse Proxy (McAfee Web Gateway) instead of IHS.

Is this possible?

Thank you,
Sudheer 

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.4k33646) | answered Sep 16 '16, 3:24 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
There is no support for them, so in case of issues, IBM support can not reproduce this and might not be able to help.
Other than that, if you can get it working, it should be possible. I have heard that other customers use other solutions as reverse proxy.
Sudheer Rugbeer selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Sudheer Rugbeer commented Sep 16 '16, 8:15 a.m.

Hi Ralph,

Thank you for the response. The customer is aware that it would not be supported.

The customer has configured their reverse proxy for Jazz.
We can connect to the Jazz applications (JTS, CCM, QM) via the public URL (routed through the Proxy), however it appears that the applications cannot connect to each other. 
We see the error "Unrecognized SSL message, plaintext connection?" in the various log files.

Can you please advise if there is any specific config related to SSL that would need to be set up to allow communication between applications?
I am aware that there is a step to set up SSL Handshake if we were using IHS, but would we need to do the same thing for a different Reverse Proxy?

Thank you,
Sudheer

Ralph Schoon commented Sep 16 '16, 8:24 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I don't know your solution. If the customer want to use their own system, the assumption would be they know how to set it up. I can't help here, we have no experience and no description - it is not supported.

Common sense and general experience says: when an application talks to another one, it would use an URL that basically uses the public URI - which is hosted by the reverse proxy. If the request goes into the reverse proxy and you can talk to the individual applications, I would assume the applications should be able to interact, but I don't know.

Sudheer Rugbeer commented Oct 03 '16, 4:35 a.m.

Hi Ralph,

We have managed to convince the client to use the IBM HTTP Server reverse proxy.
This is now configured and working correctly.

Thanks,
Sudheer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.