It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Reverse Proxy in front of JAS

Yohko Tanaka (10523239) | asked Apr 08 '18, 10:33 a.m.

HI,

I'm trying to setup reverse proxy (using IHS) with JAS/JTS/CCM/QM/DNG.
My environment is:JAS/JTS/CCM on host1,QM/DNG on host2.

I'm following this article below and was able to setup SSL communication between IHS and Liberty for JTS/CCM and QM/DNG.
https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Deployment/CLMDistributedSetupUsingLibertyProfile

I've done the same steps for the liberty for JAS, but it's not working.
To be more precisely, on the step [Import the JTS_ibm-team-ssl.keystore into the ihskeys.kdb file], it gives me an error like this;

[root@host1 bin]# ./gskcmd -cert -import -db /work/ibm1-jas-team-ssl.keystore -pw ibm-team -label default -type JKS -new_label app1_jas -target ihskeys.kedb -target_pw password -target_type cms

An IO Exception has occurred:
Invalid keystore format

Is there any special step required to setup SSL communication for JAS(Liberty)?

Thank you  in advance.

One answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k614) | answered Apr 09 '18, 1:14 a.m.

It's not about the steps, but rather how you use the command. The error complains about keystore format, and it appears that you're not familiar with it at all - you probably unknowingly used two formats in your command (JKS and CMS). Did you create the keystores using the specified format? You need to use the correct format through the whole process, including the <keyStore ...> line in the Liberty server.xml file (appConfig.xml for JAS). BTW, the format of the default of Liberty keystore is JCEKS.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.