It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

ways to intergrate IBM tools with non IBM tools(custom tools)

Nilesh Patil (1733650) | asked May 15 '15, 10:41 a.m.
Hi All,
 I am looking for integrating IBM CLM tools with non IBM tools(may be Custom windows tool, websites, databases or COTS tools).
Could you please let me know what are the different possible ways are available to integrate the non IBM tools with IBM CLM tools

Thank you In advance

Accepted answer

permanent link
Robert Carter (42928589) | answered May 15 '15, 10:57 a.m.
 Nilesh,

Depending on your definition of integration there are pros and cons to each.  And some better than others in specific situations.  But the simple list is here:

Open Services for lifecycle APIs - These are standards based web services APIs that you can use to CRU (Create, Read and Update) data.  Here is a workshop as well.

RTC SDK - You can use this SDK to build extensions into RTC Jazz products.  This is usually reserved for extending and enhancing functionality, but I could see scenarios where you could use this to integrate with other tools.

RTC Plain Java API - This allows you to write stand alone Java applications that integrate with RTC.

Rational Lifecycle Integration Adapters Tasktop Edition - This is a third party tool that has numerous pre-built integration adapters to a huge list of products.

This should get you started.  I would like to know what products your are interested in integrating with.
Nilesh Patil selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Nilesh Patil commented May 15 '15, 11:33 a.m. | edited May 15 '15, 11:42 a.m.

Hi Robert Carter,
Thank you for quick response.
I have not finalized on the products that need to be integrate, but in my list I have some web based applications , some desktop application(testing tool). I am searching for best way to integrate this tool seamlessly. We want to develop our own in house adapter to integrate these tools. 
Could you please let me know how to decide better way to integrate the tools(pros and cons to each)

Tiago Moura commented May 15 '15, 12:24 p.m.
Could you please let me know how to decide better way to integrate the tools(pros and cons to each)  

Well, I think only you can define how to decide that, since pros and cons are quite particular to your use case and doesn't exists a golden rule to do this call. Read all articles mentioned by Robert and look at your needs, so you can answer: Which solution fits better?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.