It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

what is the database used to store Work Item storage in present RTC in Cloud trial

Mangesh P (113) | asked Jul 15 '16, 6:43 a.m.
edited Jul 15 '16, 6:45 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646)
 Hi Guys,

It will be great if you can let me know what is the database used to store work item details like i have created the Defect/Task/Story and created some versions as well.

So if i want to access these query using external tools like confluence or Jira to produce reports then can i access these things?
Regards,

Mangesh

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jul 15 '16, 6:48 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I am pretty sure that your access on any cloud trial instance (whichever you use) is limited to the application provided in the cloud. Neither would a cloud service expose product databases that are shared for multiple users, nor should you actually have access to these databases. If you need reporting you would have to use the reporting solution provided in the cloud.

Comments
Mangesh P commented Jul 15 '16, 6:52 a.m.

Thanks for this infor Ralph. But when I am trying to work on reporting part, i dont see any any reporting connection for this repo. dont know whether i need to add it or specific permission needs to be provided to get the reporting activated.

I have created a query in work item part and i want to use it in reporting function. am i missing something here?

Ralph Schoon commented Jul 15 '16, 7:09 a.m.

Since you avoided any useful info about what repository/cloud, how would anyone able to help? i can't and I might not even be able to access your cloud.

Mangesh P commented Jul 15 '16, 7:27 a.m.

this is my repo,

https://jazz.net/sandbox02-ccm/web/projects/pms%20(Change%20and%20Configuration%20Management)#action=com.ibm.team.apt.viewPlan&page=com.ibm.team.apt.web.ui.plannedItems&id=_hazxkEp9EeanTbiEbfvFfg

what more info you need let me know. as i am trying to get some reports which are customized for me. 

may be somewhere i am missing :(

Ralph Schoon commented Jul 15 '16, 7:49 a.m.

I am not support for that site and I also have not access to your project area. If you open the project you can see the link to the reporting section (Reports) in the menu on the right end of the menu.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.