It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Stream A always delivers to Stream B regardless of pass/fail

Doug Slemp (111) | asked Jul 13 '12, 1:03 p.m.
retagged Jul 16 '12, 9:38 a.m. by Evan Hughes (2.4k1318)
 I'm having an issue where regardless of the state of Stream A, it will ALWAYS delivery it's change sets to Stream B, even on maven or command line exit 1 errors/failures in Stream A, which has a Post Build Deliver to Stream B.

This is happening on all of my Build Definitions builders.  One is setup to do a maven build, and the others are setup to do a command line builds using ruby.  Both builds use Stream A with a common workspace.

The Post-Build Deliver has "Enable post-build deliver" check, as well as the radio button "Deliver if build has no errors (warnings allowed).  My "Deliver Target" is Stream B.  For Components to Deliver, I have the following 3 check boxes enabled "Deliver all components in the build workspace", "Add components to deliver if they do not exist in the deliver target" and "Remove components from deliver target if they do not exist in the build workspace"

My Jazz Source Control tab is setup as follows(names replaced to be bit more generic for this question):
Workspace: "Workspace-A"  - Contained in this workspace is n+1 number of components.

Load Options: 
"Delete directory before loading" is checked, with a parm of ${rtc.project.directory}

Accept Options:
Both check boxes are enabled:
"Accept latest changes before loading"
"Build only if there are changes accepted"

Build Engine 1 has the following:
Command Line Build:
Command: ruby ${rtc.project.directory}/buildscripts/teambuilder.rb
The above script will exit out if there are errors, it runs more then one maven tasks.

Build Engine 2 has the following:
Maven 
Project location: ${rtc.project.directory}/build.builder
Goals: -U -Dmaven.repo.local=${maven.local.repo.directory} -Drtc.mavensite.url=${rtc.mavensite.url} -Dsite.deployment.url=${site.deployment.url} -Drtc.buildsystemtoolkit.directory=${rtc.buildsystemtoolkit.directory} -Drtc.userId=${rtc.userId} -Drtc.passwordFile=${rtc.passwordFile} clean install antrun:run enforcer:enforce

It does have other maven configurations, but those shouldn't affect what is going on here.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jul 14 '12, 7:39 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I would consider to create a work item or a PMR. I just checked with ANT in 4.x and the post build deliver does not happen in case of an error (in the tests).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.