It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can I create a TCER associated with a Test Plan, while its Test Case isn't associated to the same Test Plan?

Pnina Lavie (46521) | asked Jul 12 '16, 10:55 a.m.
 RQM 5.0.2:  The motivation is the following one: We have a bulk of hundreds Regression Test Cases that should be executed in every new Test Plan.  We don't like to associate these Test Cases to every new Test Plan because it makes the Test Plan very loaded and it's difficult to find the new Test Cases that were added to the new Test Plan.
So, is it a way to create only TCERs for these Tests Cases (associated with the new Test Plan) without associating the Regression Test Cases to it?

Comments
Sterling Ferguson-II commented Jul 13 '16, 7:11 a.m. | edited Jul 13 '16, 7:18 a.m.

Just a thought...

I had a client create a child "regression" test plan, and a child "new features" test plan. They could then monitor the status "to their liking".

Pnina Lavie commented Jul 14 '16, 10:32 a.m.

Thanks, it's a good idea!

Accepted answer

permanent link
Michael Triantafelow (4513) | answered Jul 14 '16, 10:23 a.m.
On the QM team we do something very similar to what Sterling recommended.  We create separate test plans for each release, one for the new features and one for the regression tests.

For instance, right now we have:
RQM FVT - 6.0.3
RQM FVT - 6.0.3 Regression
Pnina Lavie selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Pnina Lavie commented Jul 14 '16, 10:31 a.m.

Thanks Sterling and Michael. Your answers help me and I'll create the Test Plans according to your suggestion

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.