It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Strange behaviour when adding defects to manual tests

Anders Malmberg (1121214) | asked Jul 05 '16, 9:21 a.m.
Hi,
I have noticed som strange behaviour when adding defects during a manual test run.

As I understand the normal behaviour should be:
When I add a defect during a test in a specific step, tha defect is added to the step,
When I click Show Result and close the run, I should be able to see the defect in 2 places in the Test Case Result for the run.
1. On the Defect section
2. On the Result Details and the specific step.

What we have discovered is that sometimes it is in the step, sometimes in the defect section and sometimes on both. The defect is always created, and contains backlinks to the test case / test result.

We have not found the pattern for the "error" so I want to know if there is anyone else that have seen this behaviour? I will create a defect, but I am looking for a pattern before doing so.

BR,
Anders

Comments
Don Yang commented Jul 05 '16, 9:52 p.m.

what is CLM version?

One answer

permanent link
Krupa Gunhalkar (4512) | answered Jul 26 '16, 3:14 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Anders,

We have not seen such behavior in our "Inhouse" server setup. However few things which will help us in analyzing this strange behavior much better are as below .

1) As Don asked, which version is the CLM server?
2) Is it a fresh server or an upgraded server from previous versions.
3) Does the user has all the appropriate permissions and roles to do the operation mentioned ?
4) Also, if you have multiple setups, are you seeing such behavior on all the setups or only on one particular setup ?
5) Further to drill down or isolate the issue, is this happening when you are linking a defect by using the option " Create New Defect" or happening when you use the option "Link to Existing Defect " .
6) If this is a upgraded setup, is it happening on the artifacts(RQM) which are migrated from the previous version or seeing the issues on the newly created Test Artifacts.

Thanks,
Krupa Gunhalkar

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.