It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Using RQM Copy Utility 3.0.1

Soujanya Sri (1256) | asked Feb 21 '13, 4:32 p.m.

Hi,

We have RQM 3.0.1 Version , and we are planning to move or copy one Set of Test cases which are marked as Regression to another Project in RQM. When i searched for Copying , i got an answer to download RQM copy Utility.

I have downloaded RQM copy Utility 3.0.1, zip file and did the Extract.

Below are the steps in the documentation next which i have to perform according to the documentation:

Step 2:       Locate a Java Runtime Environment (JRE) that is version 6.0 (Sun JRE 6.0 Update 23 or IBM JRE 6.0 Service Refresh 8) or later, <JavaHome6>

My Question :

I already have JRE 1.5 and 1.6 versions, do i have to download them again??

Step 3:   CD to <RQMCopyUtility> and execute the command <JavaHome6>/bin/java -jar RQMCopyUtility.jar -help

My Question :

What does this step means? Can you please explain?

• Step 4 : Review the arguments available and samples provided to determine those that best fit your need.
  • My Question : Do i have to review some kind of arguments in the end?

Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

6 answers

permanent link
    Ara Masrof (3.2k15) | answered Feb 21 '13, 4:53 p.m.
    JAZZ DEVELOPER
    edited Feb 22 '13, 10:12 a.m.
     Soujanya
    Regarding your questions

I already have JRE 1.5 and 1.6 versions, do i have to download them again??

The utility should run fine with 1.6

Step 3:   CD to <rqmcopyutility> and execute the command <javahome6>/bin/java -jar RQMCopyUtility.jar -help

My Question :

What does this step means? Can you please explain?

This command will display the 'help' information in regards to the usage of the copy utility

Step 4 : Review the arguments available and samples provided to determine those that best fit your need.
    My Question : Do i have to review some kind of arguments in the end?

Take a look at this page https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RQMCopyUtility
    There are some useful examples that you can reference

permanent link
    Soujanya Sri (1256) | answered Feb 22 '13, 9:59 a.m.

Hi Ara Masrof,

First , thanks for the Quick response. I am in a learing stage with RQM, your inputs means a lot to me.

Can you please explain the step 3 in detail? Where do i have to run the command? also what is <javahome6> means?

The Link above is taking to my Question in Jazz.

Thanks

Soujanya

permanent link
    Ara Masrof (3.2k15) | answered Feb 22 '13, 10:11 a.m.
    JAZZ DEVELOPER
     Soujanya,
    My apologies; the link path is incorrect as you noted. the correct link is here
    https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RQMCopyUtility

I will fix this in my original response

permanent link
    Ara Masrof (3.2k15) | answered Feb 22 '13, 10:20 a.m.
    JAZZ DEVELOPER
    Soujanya,
    Regarding your follow up question
    Can you please explain the step 3 in detail? Where do i have to run the command? also what is <javahome6> means?
    The <javahome6> represents the path to your java installation; the copy utility will need Java installed in order to execute.
    The exact syntax would depend on where you have installed java on your system.

Ara

permanent link
    Soujanya Sri (1256) | answered Feb 22 '13, 10:39 a.m.

I have my JRE 1.6 at the below location :

C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\javaw.exe

and i have extracted RQM copy Utility at the below location:

Y:\RQMCopyUtility

Does both of them have to be at one location? i have again extract RQM copy Utility to the same location as JRE 1.6

Please let me know where i have to execute this in my system? on command line prompt?

Thanks

permanent link
    Ara Masrof (3.2k15) | answered Feb 22 '13, 11:27 a.m.
    JAZZ DEVELOPER
    You do not need to have your JRE and the copy utility in the same folder/directory; the key is to reference Java when you run the utility.
    The Copy Utility is a command line utility, all commands are run from the command line

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.