It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Some CCM help links incorrectly point to CCM server

Gary Day (18914) | asked Mar 30 '16, 4:33 a.m.

We have a distributed RTC 5.0.2 installation with JTS on the first server, CCM on the second QM on the third etc and in the CCM Application Administration, Advanced Properties the Web Help URI has been configured to point to the JTS server where the only help is installed.

Within CCM if I click on the Help (Question Mark) I can browse the full help as installed on the JTS server, but if click on (for Example) Lean more about plans from within my CCM project|Plans area it errors with a 404 page not found and the help URI is it trying to load is on the CCM server. Every clickable Help link I have found point to the CCM server

Why is this happening and what can I do to resolve this - hopefully not install help on every server in the setup!

Accepted answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Apr 15 '16, 12:21 a.m.
This can be easily resolved, but it requires a restart of the affected server (CCM in this case).
1. Locate the file server/conf/ccm/services.xml
2. [Important] Make a backup of the file.
3. Open the file.
4. Find the line containing "infocenterRoot". It should look like the below content.
  <!-- Web Welcome -->
  <jd:infocenterRoot
      rdf:resource="%server-URL%/../clmhelp" />
5. Change the URL to the effective working one (pointing to the JTS server for example).
6. Save the file.
7. Restart the server.

Note that the file services.xml determines the content returned by the service /ccm/rootservices (or /<app>/rootservices for other Jazz applications), which is critical to the application itself and cross-application communication. Errors in the file can render the application unusable, so make sure to make a backup before attempting to edit it.
Gary Day selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Mehul Patel (9695) | answered Apr 14 '16, 5:14 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR
Gary,

I believe context sensitive help and in-page help links are hard wired and not referring advanced properties for Web Help URI. I would suggest to raise enhancement request for this.

Regards,
Mehul

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.