It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to wrap text in a test script step description?

Timothy Distel (73148) | asked Nov 14 '18, 8:22 a.m.
edited Nov 14 '18, 9:03 a.m.

Hello,

I am using CLM Suite 6.0.6 iFix003.

Context:

Looking at the test script manual steps in RQM stacked left to right instead of top to bottom with description, expected results, and attachments/links as the three columns. 

I've imported test scripts recently into RQM and the test scripts I've imported have a scroll bar in the description field, but in the expected results column the text wraps eliminating the need for the scroll bar per column. I have test scripts which were created in the past where all columns have wrapped text, so I believe it to be possible. The question is, how do I force the description attribute to wrap text as opposed to providing a scroll bar for the column? I thought maybe it had to do with the formatting prior to import, which was from an excel file. However, both columns were formatted to wrap text. Has anyone come across this before? Am I maybe missing something simple? Any help is greatly appreciated!

2 answers

permanent link
Mehul Patel (9695) | answered Nov 15 '18, 4:06 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR

Timothy,

I guess you are using 'RichText' function in your configuration file and for all those attribute you will get horizontal scroll bar. RichText function transfers some MS specific formatting text from Excel to RQM and it is causing this reported issue. We have fixed it in recent version under defect#170179. As a workaround, if possible avoid using the RichText function in your configuration file.

Regards,
Mehul

Comments
Timothy Distel commented Nov 16 '18, 10:42 a.m.

Mehul,

I am using the RichText function in the configuration file. Am I correct in understanding that this was a defect that is addressed in an upcoming patch/release? I attempted to find the defect in RTC for IBM development, however the defect under that ID is related to tagging a build within CCM and doesn't seem to be related to richtext importing into RQM. Please reply with anything I may be misunderstanding. Thank you for your time to respond!

Mehul Patel commented Nov 16 '18, 10:54 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR

Timothy,

Yes, this defect has been recently fixed and will be available in next release. Please refer it here https://jazz.net/jazz02/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/170179.

Regards,
Mehul

Timothy Distel commented Nov 16 '18, 11:09 a.m.

permanent link
Lam To (216) | answered Nov 15 '18, 9:17 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

You can also change the layout orientation of the step's content to top-to-bottom, instead of left-to-right. This would give more horizontal space to the content. There are a set of tool actions on the top-right corner of the steps. These tool actions are 'sticky' once you have set it.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.