It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

No project listed in out-of-box "Requirements Traceability" report unless at least 1 test plan has a requirement collection that includes a requirement

Brett Bohnn (94111151) | asked May 20 '16, 8:19 p.m.
edited May 24 '16, 3:42 p.m.
Hi,

In a new RQM project with an RM project that provides requirements, the "project" parameter in the "Requirements Traceability" report is not populated unless at least 1 test plan in the project has a requirements collection with at least 1 requirement. This was reported to me and I see the same.

In 6.0.1 iFix004 I created a new LPA project including a QM, CCM, RM project, created a test plan, ran all DCC data collection jobs, ran the Requirements Traceability report and the "project" parameter was empty but the test plan was listed. I then added a requirements collection to the test plan, ran all DCC data collection jobs and the "project" parameter was still empty. I associated 1 requirement to the collection, ran all DCC data collection jobs and I see the RM project in the "project" parameter.

The knowledge center here http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSJJ9R_6.0.1/com.ibm.rational.test.qm.doc/topics/qm_c_requirements_reports.html for details of this report says "make sure to link all test plans with a requirement collection that contains a requirement" and perhaps that explains the behavior but to me it is not intuitive.

It seems the report should list the RM project and test plans regardless of if the test plans have a collection much less a collection with a requirement.

Thanks,
Brett

One answer

permanent link
Clara Forero (6212) | answered May 25 '16, 9:35 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Brett,

As the documentation specified, for the parameters to show up on this report there must exist links between requirements->requirement collections->test plans.  If those links don't exist there is nothing linking the test artifacts and the requirements, the report would be empty and (as you are seeing) even the parameters will be empty.

This report will display only parameters that could lead to some output.  Listing all the RM projects would affect performance and it wouldn't be of any help to the user if none of them have linked test artifacts.  The report is working as designed.

Thank you,
Clara Forero

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.