It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to use bulk move workitem plugin?

Prashant More (117) | asked May 19 '16, 5:51 a.m.
Hi,
I got this plugin on https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/BulkMoveWorkItemsBetweenProjectAreasInRTC4 for bulk move workitem. Currently I am using RTC eclipse 5.0.2 ,is it possible to implement these plugin into rtc 5.0.2?if yes then please guide me.

Thanks,
Prashant

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered May 19 '16, 7:53 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Follow https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/BulkMoveWorkItemsBetweenProjectAreasInRTC4

The best and safest way to work with this replacement feature is in a fresh Eclipse client installation (so that you don't need to revert it and don't accidentally leave this functionality in place). Download an Eclipse 4.0 client ZIP package (version matters, this replacement plugin may not work properly in 4.0.x clients), unzip it to an appropriate location, then replace the existing plugin with the one attached to this wiki page. They should have exactly the same name and your operating system will likely warn you that you are overwriting an existing file -- if it doesn't, you may not have a matching client (and you should address that before continuing). You will need to configure a Repository Connection and connect to the project areas involved in the move operation (this functionality only works between Project Areas on the same server). If you use the client before replacing the plug-ins, the old plug-ins may be cached and the feature will appear to not be available. If this happens, restart Eclipse with "-clean" to force the replacement plug-ins to get loaded.

The ZIP file contains these files:

Find these files in the RTC Client you just installed (from a zip file). You should find the files in a folder eclipse\plugins unzip the new versions into that folder and overwrite the existing files.
If there is no overwrite warning you installed the wrong RTC eclipse client or you extracted into the wrong folder. If you started the RTC Client before you overwrote the files use the -clean option.

Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

2 other answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered May 19 '16, 6:56 a.m.
edited May 19 '16, 6:57 a.m.
The plugin has to be deployed in the exact version it was built for - as mentioned in the description. You would patch a separate install and not your usual client. If it is not available for the version you want you can try to use a compatible smaller version (version N-1 for the client with N the major version of the server). For 5.0.2 you can try to use a 4.0.x version.

Comments
Prashant More commented May 19 '16, 7:41 a.m.

ok.but how to install these into eclipse? actually i have to copied this plugin into eclipse plugin folder that time i was faced problem into eclipse like it shows only reports and source control  under project area.
When i copied these plugins into sdk plugin folder that time i got an exception like
"org.osgi.framework.BundleException"

so please tell mi how to install this plugin.
Thanks
Prashant

Prashant More commented May 19 '16, 7:43 a.m.

ok.but how to install these into eclipse? actually i have to copied this plugin into eclipse plugin folder that time i was faced problem into eclipse like it shows only reports and source control  under project area.
When i copied these plugins into sdk plugin folder that time i got an exception like
"org.osgi.framework.BundleException"

so please tell mi how to install this plugin.
Thanks
Prashant

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Aug 28 '17, 9:42 a.m.

Also see https://jazz.net/forum/questions/65264/workitem-bulk-move/240812 for a community contribution to allow bulk work item move.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.